Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Some access network, most do not

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#1 NORSKYGEEK

NORSKYGEEK

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:50 AM

Posted 03 October 2015 - 01:16 AM

Started with google and avast not able to connect to the network/internet.
Edge does so used revo and tool from avast to remove both.
Edge has access as does Defender and iTunes
was able to install superantispyware.
Installs fail due to inability to access internet for:
Malwarebytes (anti-exploit did), Spybot S&D, Chrome does not nor does the standalone install version, Firefox does not, Avast (attempted reinstall), AVG, and Panda do not. Private Internet Access no longer works(did try to reinstall).
Defender, Superantispyware and Panda boot CD AV scan report no infections.
I have reset netsh in multiple variations, flushed DNS and reset sundry IP this and that, run SFC /scannow (which did find and correct problems) but hasn't helped my problem.
ASUS G751JT-TH71 upgraded to Windows 10

I have exhausted possible solutions available through Google short of a wipe and clean install.

Seeking advice from the collective  
Tusen Takk!

Edited by Queen-Evie, 03 October 2015 - 04:11 PM.
moved from Windows 10 Support to Am I Infected.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Randem

Randem

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:50 AM

Posted 03 October 2015 - 01:34 AM

Have you attempted to uninstall all network adapters then allow them to be re-installed along with resetting IE Internet Options to system defaults?

People who don't know what they are talking about will provide arguments instead of any valid proof to their claims...

#3 Randem

Randem

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2015 - 01:38 AM

I just noticed something, you have multiple anti-virus programs installed. This is a BIG NO-NO! Completely uninstall all anti-virus programs except one (AVG / Avast / Panda).

This will definitly block access to the internet especially if there is more that one firewall active.

People who don't know what they are talking about will provide arguments instead of any valid proof to their claims...

#4 NORSKYGEEK

NORSKYGEEK
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2015 - 01:45 AM

I was under the impression that I could have Malwarebytes with a program such as Panda.

Current AV/Malware is MS Defender and Superantispyware. The Panda I ran was from the LINUX based boot CD.

still doesn't explain inability to install Google, FireFox or why my previous working Private Internet Access no longer works.

Will try uninstalling network adapters.

#5 NORSKYGEEK

NORSKYGEEK
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2015 - 01:59 AM

Unistalled adapters tested FireFox alas

Server not found​

Edge still works as I am logged on and making this entry

#6 Randem

Randem

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2015 - 02:00 AM

Malwarebytes is not an anti-virus program, it is an anti-malware program. Not the same thing. Also SuperAntiSpyware is not an anti-virus program but a spyware program...

If you ran Panda from a CD then there is no problem since it was never installed.

If you are having issues installing Google then that is likely to be an infection. Try booting into safe mode then attempt to install. If you can then run your infection programs in safe mode to see if they can pickup anything.

An infection will attempt to keep you from getting help by blocking your internet connection

#7 Randem

Randem

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2015 - 02:01 AM

Did you reset your Internet Options in IE or in control panel? This will make sure you do not have a proxy server set up.

Edited by Randem, 03 October 2015 - 02:02 AM.

#8 NORSKYGEEK

NORSKYGEEK
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2015 - 02:04 AM

Have tried safe mode with no sucess.

Will try resetting Internet options

Kindle also unable to connect

#9 NORSKYGEEK

NORSKYGEEK
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2015 - 02:08 AM

No joy with the reset

#10 Randem

Randem

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2015 - 02:15 AM

Try using Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium, the Malwarebytes anti- exploits version is just for browsers.

If some programs have internet access and some do not check to make sure you do not have multiple firewalls active.

Also use AdWCleaner and RougeKiller while in safe mode.

#11 Randem

Randem

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2015 - 02:17 AM

Also did you also reset Firefox / Chrome to the defaults to remove any proxy server?

#12 NORSKYGEEK

NORSKYGEEK
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2015 - 08:54 AM

Malwarebytes won't install sue to a a network connection error, for some reason the anti-exploit did.

Chrome both the online installer and the 'stand alone download" both won't install due to the same sort of errors.

I'll try resetting FireFox and downloading and then running your suggested programs in safe mode.

The Panda anti-virus I was able to run off of  a CD (runs at boot in its own Linux based environment) found no infections.

#13 NORSKYGEEK

NORSKYGEEK
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2015 - 09:22 AM

Still no joy.

possibly time to boot this computer up in Linux, nuke the C drive and load a fresh install of 10.

I'm thinking that somewhere a file got deleted or corrupted or I got a cutiing edge bug.

#14 Randem

Randem

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2015 - 03:30 PM

OK, in safe mode run sfc /scannow in an administrative command prompt to let Windows replace corrupt OS files then restart and try again in safe mode.

Edited by Randem, 03 October 2015 - 03:31 PM.

#15 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:50 AM

Posted 03 October 2015 - 03:47 PM

Try using Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium, the Malwarebytes anti- exploits version is just for browsers.
If some programs have internet access and some do not check to make sure you do not have multiple firewalls active.

Also use AdWCleaner and RougeKiller while in safe mode.

Malware removal isn't allowed outside of the "Am I Infected? What do I do?" section. If you want to recommend a user to run malware scans, you need to report the post and ask it to be moved in the AII section. I did it for you here.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users