Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Be aware of Seagate return policy

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:34 PM

Posted 02 October 2015 - 06:10 PM

Last April I bought brand new Seagate hard drive at Best Buy.

5 months later the drive died on me.

I called Seagate and they emailed me return label but to my shocking surprise they said I have to pay for shipping!

They made faulty device which crashed within 2 years of warranty and I have to participate in cost or replacing it?

I consider it as absolutely unacceptable.

They should be very apologetic and they should do everything to keep their customers happy.

It's not about few bucks for shipping. It's about principles.

Ultimately after contacting a supervisor, as an exception (as they stated), they provided me with free shipping label.

The add insult to injury the guy I was speaking to wasn't too nice and he was acting like he was doing me a big favor by providing me with a free shipping.

For all those reasons that was the very last Seagate product I've ever bought.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,233 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:34 AM

Posted 02 October 2015 - 06:12 PM

WD are the same mate.

#3 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 5,939 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:34 AM

Posted 02 October 2015 - 06:38 PM

Then they should both hang their heads in shame.

Perhaps a representative of those companies would like to come here on BC, and avail themselves of some truly brilliant advertising?......all at no cost to them...

Make the shipping FREE

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  

fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

#4 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• Topic Starter

• BC Advisor
  • 42,707 posts
  •  

Posted 02 October 2015 - 06:46 PM

I had to return quite few things over the years but I don't recall ever being asked to pay for shipping.

...and I had WD hard drive going down few years ago and I don't believe they asked me to pay for shipping.

As far as I recall they even sent me actual return box.

Unless my memory fails.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:34 PM

Posted 02 October 2015 - 07:05 PM

I've only ever returned one item (RAM, Crucial) and I've always assumed that consumer pays to ship to manufacturer, while manufacturer pays to return to consumer.

I've never bothered to return a failed hard drive...it's just too simple to replace it, rather than going through the wait-no-hard-drive period, IMO.  And I always have plenty of spare drives which have been replaced by newer drives but are still functional.

Louis

#6 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• Topic Starter

• BC Advisor
  • 42,707 posts
  •  

Posted 02 October 2015 - 07:07 PM

I surely bought new drive the very same day but I want to get replacement for failed drive which I can use in number of ways.

My Website

p4433470.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users