Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

power shell window won't close

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 4uz

4uz

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 PM

Posted 02 October 2015 - 04:04 PM

i hit start .typed power. list poped up and by mistake i hit power shell instead of power options.now i have an empty power shell window .it won't exit .i have in task bar to keeep it out of way.i tryed task manager that not work.tryed task kill thata nowork.it's not in unistall programs list.did not shut down computer and then turn it back on sometimes this clears things.why won't this window go away ? i know nothing about the commands in this program.running on high power in power options.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 4uz

4uz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 PM

Posted 03 October 2015 - 02:19 PM

reply to my own  question i shut the computer down and turned it back on . the empty power shell window has gone away . problem solved. i'll be closing this post now.

#3 MarkMCS

MarkMCS

• Members
  • 161 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 PM

Posted 04 October 2015 - 08:03 PM

If it happens again, you can just type "exit" to close Powershell.

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.  -Emo Phillips

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users