Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Solving bad lag flash player game issue

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ngorst

ngorst

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:40 PM

Posted 02 October 2015 - 03:42 PM

Note: i had posted this in a different area but it went dead so posting here cuz  perhaps it is more relevant

Hello everyone, I have had this issue for a while but think i finally have sufficient info to figure out the issue with someone's help.

I play Wheel of Fortune on GSN cash games. In this game, your score is highly dependent on the amount of time remaining at the end of solving the puzzle, which in turn is highly dependent on the performance and responsiveness of the adobe flash player game itself.

I have used many new and old computers, desktops and laptops including a brand new surface pro 2 that runs everything else beautifully, but the internet connection was slightly unstable on the wifi which led to lag. I have tested many  internet connections also and  fast game only occurs when you are connected to a stable high speed internet connection, but most computers still exhibit a siginificant lag in response between spins and being allowed to guess a letter and/or solve the puzzle even when on a good internet connection. EXCEPT on this one older laptop. It's an old Dell Inspiron N5030 that is falling apart, designed with windows 7 but i am running Windows Vista because lo and behold the wheel of fortune game runs like crap on the windows 7 installation.

so in short, I am looking for help to figure out what combination of OS and hardware i should have that would potentially run this game the smoothest without lag and delays

I know the internet connection is paramount because even on my "good" old laptop that runs vista if i have a bad internet connection, the games runs smoothly, but the connection causes a lag in communication that slows down the game based on the way they programmed it.

More important to me and which i haven't been able to figure out on my own is...

What determines how smoothly this type of 'adobe flash player game' runs on a computer? From my knowledge as a consumer there is no reason why when i try to play WOF on my desktop (which has twice the processor speed and twice the RAM as my old laptop ) it is laggy as hell and runs like crap.

I know that the operating system is important because i tried to run windows 7  on my old laptop and it killed the game experience on there, but there must be something else i dont get because i have tried the game on numerous other computers running windows vista and none run as nice as the "good" old laptop.

PLease help and thanks for all your time

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users