Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to populate an Excel doc with external Excel files.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 sev7en2507

sev7en2507

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:49 PM

Posted 02 October 2015 - 07:10 AM

Hello,

I had an idea... in my company there are several stand-alone contact lists each one managed with a separated Excel file. These directory of contacts are in several cities for that I had that idea:

create a master directory excel sheet managed by the HQ and populate it with all the other "branch" files uploaded on Google Drive or any other Web space by the users.

What the VBS or macro should do is anytimes I open the master document, it must look inside the path where the files have been uploaded then one by one import in into the master doc by creating the sheets inside each one.

Which one is the way to do that?

Cheers

Edited by hamluis, 03 October 2015 - 11:39 AM.
Moved from Programming to Business Apps - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 AM

Posted 07 October 2015 - 03:57 PM

In the branch worksheet, select the cell you want to link to and click Copy. Switch to the master spreadsheet and click the cell where you want the link. Then, right-click and select the Paste Link from the Paste menu.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 sev7en2507

sev7en2507
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2015 - 11:01 AM

Good evening,

thanks... but the documents are hosted on the Web, I would like to have the way anytimes I open my document to retrieve from the Web the version online. Did you have any suggest?

Thanks!!!

#4 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2015 - 03:33 PM

I do not know how to do that but you might want to read this:

http://www.ozgrid.com/forum/showthread.php?t=166359

The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#5 sev7en2507

sev7en2507
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 30 October 2015 - 01:00 AM

Thanks! I am checking now...

#6 sev7en2507

sev7en2507
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 30 October 2015 - 01:28 AM

This one is working:

Sub download_from_web_snb()
Workbooks.Open "http://www.snb-vba.eu/bestanden/__calendar_snb.xlsm"
End Sub

but the problem is, it open the document in a new window: I would like merge the content of the imported file inside a new sheet of the active workbook.

Regards,

#7 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  

Posted 30 October 2015 - 03:33 PM

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/27363022/opening-an-existing-excel-document-as-a-new-sheet

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users