Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What happens when I delete an anti-virus with quarantined files?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 ofekl

ofekl

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:57 PM

Posted 02 October 2015 - 04:01 AM

Do the quarantined files get deleted with it ?
just want to make sure .

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:57 AM

Posted 02 October 2015 - 04:18 AM

If this is the computer being handled  HERE

Then  i would wait for nasdaq to finish working his magic with it before making any changes.

Yes......the quarantine file will be deleted safely when you delete the program.

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#3 ofekl

ofekl
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:57 PM

Posted 02 October 2015 - 04:43 AM

If this is the computer being handled  HERE

Then  i would wait for nasdaq to finish working his magic with it before making any changes.

Yes......the quarantine file will be deleted safely when you delete the program.

Yes it's the same computer .
Thanks i wouldn't do any changes for now .

#4 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:57 AM

Posted 02 October 2015 - 04:45 AM

Cool.

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#5 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,907 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:57 AM

Posted 02 October 2015 - 05:03 AM

Since you are receiving help from the Malware Response Team, you should NOT make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc) unless advised by a Malware Response Team member...nor should you continue to ask for help elsewhere. Doing so can result in system changes which may not show it the log(s) you already posted. Further, any modifications you make on your own may cause confusion for the member assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process or make things worst which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.

The Malware Response Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.

To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic.

The BC Staff
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users