Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Gun Deaths vs Terrorism Deaths in the USA

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
103 replies to this topic

#1 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:49 PM

Posted 01 October 2015 - 10:04 PM

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-10-02/gun-laws-chart-barack-obama/6822342

Take a look America....these are the facts.

Quote Barack Obama

“What’s become routine is the response of those who oppose any kind of commonsense to gun legislation. They say we ne need more guns and fewer gun safety laws. Does anybody really believe that?”

Edit: Moved topic from General Chat to the more appropriate forum, due to the highly political and divisive nature of the subject matter. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 01 October 2015 - 10:20 PM.

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6,111 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2015 - 10:05 PM

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/after-umpqua-community-college-shooting-us-president-barack-obama-gets-really-angry-about-americas-gun-ownership-laws/story-fnu2q5nu-1227553536147

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#3 sparklestar

sparklestar

• Members
  • 348 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 AM

Posted 01 October 2015 - 10:14 PM

Edited by sparklestar, 02 October 2015 - 06:02 AM.

#4 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6,111 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2015 - 10:30 PM

You are wrong.

• Australia introduced nationwide gun law reform in 1996 following a massacre
  • There has been no gun massacre in Australia since then
  • In Australia, one massacre turned the tide in favor of gun control
  • Just 12 days after the shootings nationwide gun law reform announced
  • Risk of dying by gunshot in Australia fell by more than 50% -- and stayed there

In the years after the Port Arthur massacre, the risk of dying by gunshot in Australia fell by more than 50% -- and stayed there. A 2012 study by Andrew Leigh of Australian National University and Christine Neill of Wilfrid Laurier University also found the buyback led to a drop in firearm suicide rates of almost 80% in the following decad

Edited by Condobloke, 01 October 2015 - 10:31 PM.

GcnI1aH.jpg

#5 Guest_JWebb_*

Guest_JWebb_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 01 October 2015 - 10:30 PM

Umpqua Community College is a gun free zone.

Law abiding citizens had no chance to defend themselves.

#6 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 13,735 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2015 - 10:41 PM

My deepest condolences to the victims of this horrendous act.  

@ condo.

Do not even bother discussing the  issue of gun control in the USA. Americans want their guns and they will have them no matter how many school shooting's there are.

All you will get is comments like " only the criminals will have guns" And " I need it for home defence" .

As long as you have Aholes like this things wont change

nra.jpg

Edited by NickAu, 01 October 2015 - 10:44 PM.

#7 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6,111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:49 PM

Posted 01 October 2015 - 10:46 PM

Amen to that Nick....serious change/alteration in MINDSET is mandatory.

GcnI1aH.jpg

#8 Guest_JWebb_*

Guest_JWebb_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 01 October 2015 - 10:47 PM

I think that sums it up pretty well.  Plus, we have a constitutional right to own guns.

Yamamoto didn't say this but I like the legend behind it.

4119284f5f8a59142f959c06c8de2a89.jpg

#9 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 13,735 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2015 - 11:11 PM

_85865311_88c8b19f-35b6-4475-83c4-68bd5a

500.jpg?w=460&q=85&auto=format&sharp=10&

When this becomes the norm in a school OMG, You may have a right to bear arms but that is superseded by a child's right to live, I have no words to describe how I feel right now.

Please Mr Obama stop this insanity.

This is the most beautiful photo you will see.

image-20150622-17771-1v0tte.jpg

Edited by NickAu, 01 October 2015 - 11:13 PM.

#10 PGHinBKK

PGHinBKK

• Members
  • 342 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2015 - 11:28 PM

Making the law-abiding majority do without something to which they are constitutionally entitled because of the criminal actions of a minority is never the right thing to do.  The aussies love to prate about things in which they're not involved, such as having a constitutional RIGHT to own firearms. Their government severely restricts ownership and usage of firearms, and is so intelligent about the issue that they lump air-guns in with rimfire rifles and with shotguns as a Category A weapon. A 'Genuine Reason' must be demonstrated to the local government before one can own such weapons. Other weapons must have a 'Genuine NEED' demonstrated to said agency.  Pistols are extremely hard to own, unless one is a registered member of a shooting club or a security guard. So in other words, the government decides who can have one or not. As always, the wealthy who MAKE the laws will have armed guards, but the average citizen can't.   

Criminals, of course, can and WILL get weapons, and don't give a (*&^%$#@ about the rules. Here's a link to an article that showed the RISE in armed crime after the gun bans and confiscations  (buyback, my *&^%$#) went into effect. That's right...armed crime ROSE after the gun bans, something the 'in-denials' Aussies here would never admit. So, you good little sheep, get a hankie before you read it....it's the truth and I'm sure you'll cry.  http://www.wnd.com/2000/03/1933/

Remember, aussies, if a criminal is breaking into your house, or holding you or your family at gunpoint and robbing you, you can feel much safer using the only weapon the government lets you have...your mouth. Beg and plead with them, give them your possessions and then just hope they don't harm you or yours because the government doesn't trust you enough to let you own a means of defending yourselves.

And be sure to say "Baaaa-aaaaa-aaahhhh" 

Edited by PGHinBKK, 01 October 2015 - 11:38 PM.

Life is strange......and then there's Thailand....

#11 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6,111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:49 PM

Posted 01 October 2015 - 11:45 PM

""Making the law-abiding majority do without something to which they are constitutionally entitled because of the criminal actions of a minority is never the right thing to do.  The aussies love to prate about things in which they're not involved, such as having a constitutional RIGHT to own firearms.""

....yup...all good....just go on decimating your own population by 10,000 + per year ....(constitutionally entitled means legal murder?)

.....and just in case you missed the heading...we are talking about DEATHS

Source : Sydney School of Public Health, University of Sydney

http://www.gunpolicy.org/firearms/compareyears/10/total_number_of_gun_deaths

Your source of "information" ...WDN.com....is a political front for the likes of trump & co..    http://superstore.wnd.com/specialty-items

Talk facts.....not crap.

sheep..?....you spent a little time in NZ..? 

GcnI1aH.jpg

#12 sparklestar

sparklestar

• Members
  • 348 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 PM

Posted 02 October 2015 - 12:01 AM

Edited by sparklestar, 02 October 2015 - 06:02 AM.

#13 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6,111 posts
  •  

Posted 02 October 2015 - 12:13 AM

There really is no argument/debate...

Your President said today    "this has become routine"

How can you rationalize/debate etc etc any part of the fact that 10,000+ people are DEAD..------. who would otherwise be alive today.;

GcnI1aH.jpg

#14 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 13,735 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 AM

Posted 02 October 2015 - 12:14 AM

Quote.

An at least partially armed population is one of the only things keeping them in check, and the people who created the USA knew that, which is why they kept that in mind when they created the country.

End quote.
:hysterical:  Is what I think of that, When you consider that Governments ( any government ) have things like drones, tanks, attack helicopters, fighter jets, chemical, biological and nuclear weapons you still think you stand a chance assault rifle in hand against an M1A1 Abrams tank or an AH-64 Apache? Or are you now saying that the population should also be allowed to own BGM-71 TOW wire-guided heavy anti-tank missile's and The FIM-92 Stinger?

Governments can only do stuff like that if they have support from the military.

OH PS.

The drug cartels already have access to anti tank anti aircraft weapons.

Edited by NickAu, 02 October 2015 - 12:25 AM.

#15 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,238 posts
  •  

Posted 02 October 2015 - 12:23 AM

So in Australia we have a firearm murder rate of 0.11 in every 100,000, compared to 3.55 in the US.

That makes you more than 30 times more likely to be murdered with a firearm in the US compared to Australia.

But I guess it's your "right" as an American, as declared in the constitution. The right to see your children and women shot dead in their schools, streets and homes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users