Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I'm wanting to hook up a desktop PC to a 4K display, how do I do that?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Punchy71

Punchy71

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:47 AM

Posted 01 October 2015 - 06:50 PM

Hello,

I'm wanting to buy my first 4K display. I'm wanting to hook a desktop box PC to it and mount the display on the wall. How can I do this and what kind (if any) accessories will I need to do this?

Also; I'm not wanting a small 4K display nor a huge one, but rather a medium-sized one. I'm not sure exactly what size that would be. Any suggestions on what a medium-sized 4K display would be is greatly appreciated.

Also any other pointers on what to look for in a 4K display would be greatly appreciated as well.

Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sparklestar

sparklestar

• Members
  • 348 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2015 - 08:00 PM

I was just reading up on 4K monitors and it doesn't look like they currently make sense to have: http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-4k-monitor-doesnt-exist/

Apparently HDMI only supports 30hz for 4K so it would be flickering all the time (?!)   Also your PC has to be extra powerful (video card too) to drive the thing. And tons of content is not available in 4K so it would give no advantage, and some apps look weird in 4K since everything hasn't caught up to it yet.

Wall mounting suggests you want to be far back from your monitor (I think?) and in that case, it might not even look that much better than HD?

#3 Punchy71

Punchy71
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2015 - 10:02 PM

Thanks for the pointers. It sounds like it may still be too early for using 4k as a PC monitor....   :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users