Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

can i cutomize windows 7 to look like windows xp ?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_nickko_*

Guest_nickko_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 01 October 2015 - 11:50 AM

hi to all,

i have some problems with my motherboards and i am thinking to buy a new one but it seems that only winows 7/8 and 10 is  supported by the new intel socket 1155 and amd fm2+

please, i wish to know if i can cutomize windows 7 to look just like my old windows xp pro

i can find some oem windows 7 through ebay at cheap price

i have tried to install adobe 2 audio editor on my fiend's pc under windows 7 x32 and x64 but it is impossible due to problem with windows installer something like msi

thanks in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,528 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2015 - 07:08 PM

Classic Shell best choice!  Start is Back although aimed for Windows 8, can mimic the old round Start button.  Classic Shell can do many things to make Windows 7 Explorer look much and act much like XP; however, it can come at a cost -- diddling with Explorer.exe can be hazardous to the health of Windows 7 Explorer operations, especially if something goes wrong and you have to fix Explorer operations.

Edited by RolandJS, 01 October 2015 - 07:08 PM.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

#3 Guest_nickko_*

Guest_nickko_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 03 October 2015 - 02:24 AM

good morning dear friend RolandJS

i thank you very much for your reply

it seems that customization is not the right solution

i will try to search by my own if i can find anything better or why not to go for windows 8.1

i think i can find a windows 8 x32 bits at cheap price at ebay

thanks

#4 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:10 AM

Posted 03 October 2015 - 04:02 AM

Try this tutorial.

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/make-windows-7-look-like-windows-xp/

#5 Guest_nickko_*

Guest_nickko_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 03 October 2015 - 04:33 AM

hi dear frankp316

i thank you so much for the reply

i will check you link

personally i feel very comortable with my windows xp and tha's why i am asking if i could custimezed windows 7 to look like windows xp

thanks

#6 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,528 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2015 - 08:52 AM

I customized my Windows 7 for some time using Classic Shell -- it was great!  Until, Explorer.exe worked not, more and more it worked less and less -- I had to removed Classic Shell in order to allow BC recommended utilities to fix Explorer.exe.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

#7 Guest_nickko_*

Guest_nickko_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 05 October 2015 - 10:06 AM

hi dear RolandJS

i thank you for the reply

it seems that i am gonna have problem if i try to customize windows 7 so it is better to sat with my trusty windows xp and to find an intel socket 1155

thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users