Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Another example of Windows 10 automatic updates screwing things up...

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 BenjaminGordonT

BenjaminGordonT

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:42 AM

Posted 01 October 2015 - 10:47 AM

I had this problem for weeks before someone on BC helped me figure it out (http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/592011/videos-not-playing-in-windows-10-graphics-driver-issue/). It seems that Windows 10 on install was automatically installing the wrong graphics driver and software for my computer that was causing it to display things improperly. When I download the correct software for my PC from AMD then it automatically skips installing the Graphics Driver since there is already a Graphics Driver installed (One by AMD but not the right one). If I uninstall that then Windows Update will reinstall it literally minutes after I have uninstalled it and I can never install my correct driver software. I had to turn off Windows Update completely and uninstall the incorrect Graphics Driver... Then before I rebooted I had to manually go through Device Manager and update the Graphics Driver... Then I disabled Windows automatically downloading drivers and driver software so it wouldn't override my new drivers... Ugh... This is not the first time Windows 10 has caused driver problems... Automatic updates are proving to be really irritating...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users