Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 cumulative update 7, KB 3093266, hit by recurring update failures

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,291 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:52 PM

Posted 01 October 2015 - 09:49 AM

Yesterday Microsoft pushed its seventh Windows 10 cumulative update, KB 3093266. If you run Windows 10 RTM, your system probably rebooted overnight. If you're unlucky, the update didn't install, and it will no doubt try to install itself again in the near future. Such is the nature of forced updates.

The Microsoft Answers forum has several reports. One from RCoover states:

Quote:   After an apparently successful installation through Windows Update, the computer requests to be booted. During the boot, I get a message that the installation HAS NOT BEEN SUCCESSFUL and then continues to boot. Going into Windows Update Advanced, I find that the update did fail. I did this twice and it failed both times.

In a different thread, LeonardoDV says:

Quote:   I'm at zero for three attempts on two computers to install this clunky monkey. There were no error codes, just "...couldn't finishing installing...." The last "cumulative update" was just as bad. I have a third computer to try (oh boy, another HUGE download on my slow DSL line). Wanna bet it doesn't work on that one either? Microsoft, on what PCs are you testing these updates? Do you only have three or four test boxes?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 leithanne

leithanne

• Members
  • 327 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:52 PM

Posted 01 October 2015 - 06:05 PM

Mine did OK, on both Home and Pro, but I was a bit afraid. Microsoft needs to get this update stuff figured out.

#3 Randem

Randem

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:52 PM

Posted 03 October 2015 - 01:49 AM

You can try turning off the P2P portion of Windows Update to make sure that you are downloading the update directly from Microsoft and not some other Windows 10 users computer to see if that will work - Details

Also if you have the Pro or Enterprize edition you can defer the updates up to a few months so that you are not force feed the updates immediately.

Hopefully the update created a restore point that you can go back to if all else fails.

Edited by Randem, 03 October 2015 - 01:50 AM.

People who don't know what they are talking about will provide arguments instead of any valid proof to their claims...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users