Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Email sent out spam awhile ago.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 dannyd6

dannyd6

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:53 AM

Posted 01 October 2015 - 06:47 AM

So my email sent out spam, around 11 months ago. I instantly saw it and changed my password from my phone. And it all stopped. I DID have a browser hijacker on my chrome page. I had no idea that they could steal passwords! I most likely signed into my email account on chrome. They probably got my password, sold it and a spam bot/acct picked it up and decided to send emails to everyone in my contacts with a link! All the emails were sent within a matter of 7 seconds! So I know it was a spam bot and not an actual person. Also, some other cues...I check all of the devices that my email has been signed in from, and all of the devices are mine. So it isn't like someone had it and signed in from their device.

How likely do you think it was the browser hijacker that took my password? I had the ask.com, and multiple conduit ones!
I DID remove them. I am just wondering how likely you think it was the browser hijacker that did this, or if I clicked a link and it somehow got my password and used it as spam..

Also, how likely is a spam bot to steal your personal emails? Is it just mostly used to send spam from your email? Like I said, I have had no other problems with this. Just a bit concerned of what could have happened!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users