Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unstable CPU, very much CPU spikes. unplayable FPS. lagging computer.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Miker2808

Miker2808

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:08 AM

Posted 01 October 2015 - 12:41 AM

Since a few days already. i'm encountering very slow computer.

my CPU is always jumping from 0-20 to 99-100% which makes my computer to lag a lot. my temps under pressure are max 65c (in-games) on desktop they are like 50+/-

playing games become impossible (BF4 as exmple. before the game went smooth 40-50FPS) now its just dropping and always staying 0FPS just sometimes for a seconds its going back to  stable FPS.

my PC is very lagging. opening a browser is taking lots of times.

browsing is a huge headache.

I checked with my anti-virus (Total security 360) and got nothing.

later i checked with Malwarebytes on safemode and again found nothing.

i checked my HDD with checkdisk option. and still found nothing.

i dont know what to do.

i've ordered new CPU already in-case this CPU is dying. somewhere i hope this is a problem with the CPU.

and in-games my CPU usage is always 99-100 i could say its "stable" but its max usage.

but my GPU is not 100% in the last check i did it was suck on 85% with only 800mb vram usage

i dont know what to do exactly. i'm tired of formatting my computer every few months.

i've formatted my windows already 3 months ago.

i've cleaned my PC already in the past week.

i would say its something with heat. but the temps are fine.

and also i found no viruss.

i'm not having a symptoms of a bad PSU.

maybe its something with the HDD - just a feeling.

hope anyone can help me solve or atleast tell me what the exact problem is.

myspecs:

Windows 7 home premium 64bit (genuine)

CPU: Dual Core E5400 @2.7ghz

RAM: 4GB 333mhz (1 was 400 other 800)

GPU: Geforce GT630 1GB

250GB+/- HDD SATA 2, temps under 50

please i'm so tired. i cant do anything with my PC. even watching videos on youtuber is extremely lagging. hope anyone can help :(

i'm out of options. the only last option is formatting my windows again..

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Miker2808

Miker2808
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2015 - 12:52 PM

a complete windows re-install seems to be solved the problem.

Sadly no one helped me :(

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,287 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:08 PM

Posted 01 October 2015 - 02:45 PM

If a clean install resolved all that seemed to be wrong...it was the right thing to do.  Few here would have suggested that...so there's a reason there was no "help" provided.

Happy computing :).

Louis

#4 Miker2808

Miker2808
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  

Posted 02 October 2015 - 01:11 AM

If a clean install resolved all that seemed to be wrong...it was the right thing to do.  Few here would have suggested that...so there's a reason there was no "help" provided.

Happy computing :).

Louis

Ok, but i dont want this thing to happen again. there is some guide how to keep the OS safe and clean?

#5 CodeSmasha

CodeSmasha

• Banned
  • 524 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 AM

Posted 02 October 2015 - 05:31 AM

Also the system might have been infected too. Which can cause a lot of lag all the time.

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,287 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:08 PM

Posted 02 October 2015 - 06:04 AM

The biggest weakness/danger of using computers...the greatest vulnerability...lies with the user.

For 20 years now...I have been reading comments from users who want to know the "easiest" way to keep a system running and trouble-free.

There is no easy way.  It's unrealistic to think that maintaining/using a computer system...is going to be problem-free, IMO.

Everything manmade or developed by man...is subject to error, error which is undetected by those charged with "quality control" of system components and programs.

Malware presents the attempt by misanthropic persons...to sabotage computer systems used by other persons.  A user who doesn't realize the prevalence of malware and who wants to use a computer system...is a liability to herself/himself.

The operating system used...and the programs used in any system...are, by nature, subject to damage via file corruption/damage.  When such occurs, the O/S and/or programs...are unable to function as they were supposed to.

The single thing that any user can do...and which many choose not to do...is to prepare for trouble, regardless of what the source may prove to be...by routinely backing up the O/S and data that they claim to be so necessary in their lives.  And...assume that the system is NOT going to run perfectly every day...assume that trouble is just around the bend...and prepare for such by backing up.

That's a good start, IMO.

The alternative, for those who don't backup and who may not necessarily be able to overcome the daily situations that come with running a computer system, is to take the path which you took...a clean install when anything goes wrong.  A clean install will NOT overcome system problems attributable component failure or defect...but it will at least clear the deck so that such can be easily perceived...and handled as a component problem, not a malware problem, not an O/S problem, not a software problem.

Louis

#7 MDD1963

MDD1963

• Members
  • 699 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:08 AM

Posted 04 October 2015 - 05:06 AM

I'd become very familiar with what processes show in task manager, and, you should likely DL Sysinternal's ProcessExplorer, which will show you everything that is running, what processes are child processes of others in a tree relationship, where processes spawn from, which processes are packed, which have valid signatures, and which have good VirusTotal hash comparisons, and, quick ways to view/ jump to the registry entries assorted processes begin from. 

For instance, a new process labeled ftygeih679f.exe showing up in task manager and processexplorer with no signature, evaluated as hostile by 26/55 virus total engines, and consuming 95% of your cpu is definitely malware. :)

There are a few 1 hr/26 minute tutorials on youtube by mark Russinovich on Process Explorer; watch one!

Asus Z270A Prime/7700K/32 GB DDR4-3200/GTX1060

#8 CodeSmasha

CodeSmasha

• Banned
  • 524 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 AM

Posted 05 October 2015 - 05:51 AM

I'm currently working on that at the moment.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users