Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I need help buying a gaming PC... I am screwed...

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 DizzyCrash

DizzyCrash

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:02 PM

Posted 30 September 2015 - 08:11 PM

I basically bought a PC that wasnt right for me and something was very wrong with it.
I sent it in and got a full refund from new Egg and now would like to make a fallow up where i ask for some help... I dont want to make the same mistake twice, iv got 900 dollars saved up and I NEED a gaming PC.
I just bought this one http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883229618 and I was informed that it was not very good by somebody on this site.. 
Now... Building one is out of the question, i cannot and will not, i just do not want to waist the money and risk screwing it up for a third time, please iv given up on that entire idea, I just want a pre packaged computer with the bits i need, if some of its stuff is weak id prefure it to be the parts that are easy to replace such as video cards and power supplies, not the hard stuff to replace like motherboards and CPUs and such...

• OS: Windows Vista SP2 or Windows 7 or Windows 8 and above

• CPU: Intel Core i5-760 2.8GHz / Phenom II X4 970

• RAM: 8 GB System Memory

• GPU VRAM: 2GB

• GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 670 or AMD Radeon R9 280

• HDD: 28 GB Free Hard Drive Space

• DX: DirectX 11

These are speculated to be the requirements for fallout 4 and so id like my new PC to be able to run it.. for under 900 dollars, The graphics card can be a bit weak though cause I have on my desk right now a ® MSI N660 GAMING 2GD5/OC GDDR5 HDMI NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660

I pulled it out of my old PC before trying to buy this new one.
    Basically if you can help me find a new gaming machine... I would be really happy, my budget is slim so alienware is out of the picture  i can spend 900 dollars which is twice as much as any console which will run fallout 4 so I hope i can get a decent tower for that price.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DizzyCrash

DizzyCrash
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2015 - 11:18 AM

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883102091

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883227623

Somebody on another site suggested one of these two computers, what does everyone think? Will they do what I need them too?

#3 tealover

tealover

• Members
  • 174 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:02 PM

Posted 01 October 2015 - 11:44 AM

Steer clear of dodgy sites like newegg which isn't the place to buy a computer. You get more bangs for your bucks with AMD. I did a build from a trusted builder which worked out very well. Overclockers is a good online supplier of gaming machines on which you can specify your build and I'm sure there are others.

I don't think it's a good idea to specify your architecture to run one game but more generally as a gaming machine. There is plenty of kit available on a tight budget for a gaming machine.

#4 DizzyCrash

DizzyCrash
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2015 - 11:53 AM

Steer clear of dodgy sites like newegg which isn't the place to buy a computer. You get more bangs for your bucks with AMD. I did a build from a trusted builder which worked out very well. Overclockers is a good online supplier of gaming machines on which you can specify your build and I'm sure there are others.

I don't think it's a good idea to specify your architecture to run one game but more generally as a gaming machine. There is plenty of kit available on a tight budget for a gaming machine.

If I buy one capable of playing this game it should be able to play most new games for a while and once it needs to be updated I can do so with new graphics cards and ram.

Newegg is the easiest way to find PCs online.. i really want to avoid being overwhelmed.

#5 tealover

tealover

• Members
  • 174 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2015 - 01:17 PM

There is no  substitute to doing detailed research on what kit is available, how it can be customized and at for what price. The key is to choose kit that is future proof, lasting for 7 to 10 years. Upgrading can be expensive and a complete waste of effort with little overall improvements If you have a knowledgeable friend who understands hardware that helps. If not, post a thread on a hardware forum suggesting specs you can afford and what you you want to do with it People are only to happy to help if you don't know a lot about hardware.

#6 DizzyCrash

DizzyCrash
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2015 - 01:19 PM

There is no  substitute to doing detailed research on what kit is available, how it can be customized and at for what price. The key is to choose kit that is future proof, lasting for 7 to 10 years. Upgrading can be expensive and a complete waste of effort with little overall improvements If you have a knowledgeable friend who understands hardware that helps. If not, post a thread on a hardware forum suggesting specs you can afford and what you you want to do with it People are only to happy to help if you don't know a lot about hardware.

The only way this would be fool proof enough for me to do it is if somebody here links me to every single part inside the custom rig and than I and my 5 best friends figure out how everything goes together while praying we dont accidentally break or scuff or static connect with ANY of the pieces or be out hundreds of dollars.
So if anyone here can track down all the custom parts and basically build me a custom rig, than maybe I can take the risk of building it and hope I don't accidentally break one of the pieces while putting it together.

#7 tealover

tealover

• Members
  • 174 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2015 - 02:14 PM

The only way this would be fool proof enough for me to do it is if somebody here links me to every single part inside the custom rig and than I and my 5 best friends figure out how everything goes together while praying we dont accidentally break or scuff or static connect with ANY of the pieces or be out hundreds of dollars.
So if anyone here can track down all the custom parts and basically build me a custom rig, than maybe I can take the risk of building it and hope I don't accidentally break one of the pieces while putting it together.

Humor can often be the best medecine

#8 DizzyCrash

DizzyCrash
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2015 - 02:19 PM

Humor can often be the best medecine

Losing hundreds of dollars sucks.

#9 MadmanRB

MadmanRB

Spoon!!!!

• Members
  • 3,354 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:02 PM

Posted 01 October 2015 - 03:52 PM

Newegg is better if you are building a PC rather then buying one, buying a new PC amazon is where I would go.

Edited by MadmanRB, 01 October 2015 - 03:52 PM.

You know you want me baby!

Proud Linux user and dual booter.

Proud Vivaldi user.

8spxh0-6.png

#10 tealover

tealover

• Members
  • 174 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2015 - 04:09 PM

Roll your own,or buy from a reputable supplier. Don't use Amazon, most of their offerings are crap.....

#11 DizzyCrash

DizzyCrash
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2015 - 05:35 PM

Roll your own,or buy from a reputable supplier. Don't use Amazon, most of their offerings are crap.....

Getting alot of conflicting advice here.

#12 tealover

tealover

• Members
  • 174 posts
  •  

Posted 02 October 2015 - 02:24 PM

Basically,don't rush in and get some kit  that doesn't suit  and you don't like. Take your time, do your research maybe even try some out at a retailer. Time is on your side. Check out the gaming machine specifications that fit your budget and consider AMD processors and don't restrict yourself to one setup.

Also post on other forums, you might get better advice there.

Google is your friend.

#13 DizzyCrash

DizzyCrash
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2015 - 12:34 AM

I dont even know what a kit is... unless somebody here just straight up tells  me what to buy I will make a mistake and screw myself over.... i will lose 1000 dollars and have nothing to show for it...

#14 tealover

tealover

• Members
  • 174 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2015 - 03:49 AM

Kit=Computer or hardware.

Forums are not really places to get advice but to get answers.

#15 DizzyCrash

DizzyCrash
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2015 - 09:38 AM

Kit=Computer or hardware.

Forums are not really places to get advice but to get answers.

That is why I just want somebody to link me to a PC otherwise i risk messing it all up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users