Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pc stuttering, loading issues, video and sound stutter

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 DopeGod

DopeGod

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:00 PM

Posted 30 September 2015 - 07:31 PM

hello,

I've been trying to look all over the web to see what could be the issue of my laptop randomly freezing. Ingame when i play League of Legends it happens frequently now where my Frames drop completely to the point where i cant see anything for a while, it is stuck on 1 frame. But i recently also started noticing some issues when watching a video on youtube where either the video would stop, and then play out as in hyperspeed, whilst the sound would normally continue.

I've been looking aswell on what might be the problem causing this and i checked my pc for malware/spyware/etc. and there was nothing on it (except for those damned tracker cookies). The temperature of my vents and cores are perfectly fine aswell which i checked with speedfan/GPU-Z. (i must add that i recently let my laptop get repaired and they replaced the vents, added new cooling paste and gave me a new C: drive). So dust can't be the issue since it has just been fully cleaned.

HOWEVER, i have been looking and seen some people write about running scf /scannow in CMD. This gave me the result that there were some files that could not be repaired. So i kept reading and tried to extract the Log into a Txt file so i could see for myself what was wrong. When i opened and looked through it i saw like 6-8 problems that could not be repaired, but i have no idea what to do or if im even on the right track.

*Note I'm not the most technicallyadvanced when it comes to computers and english isn't my native language, so if someone can help me, please elaborate as much as possible so I as a nub-nub can understand :) 

Thanks in advance !

Attached File  sfcdetails.txt   127.25KB   1 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pistol22cal

pistol22cal

• Members
  • 294 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:00 AM

Posted 30 September 2015 - 10:39 PM

sfc /scannow

Will repair files just let it do its thing! 

Run command prompt as administrator then run sfc /scannow

You can run it from a recovery tool like this -

sfc /scannow /offbootdir=c:\ /offwindir=c:\windows

Windows might be at C:\Windows when you're using it, but D:\Windows from the Command Prompt in System Recovery Options.

In most installations of Windows 10, Windows 8, and Windows 7, C: usually becomes D: and in Windows Vista, C: is usually still C:. To check for sure, look for the drive with theUsers folder on it - that will be the drive Windows is installed on, unless you have multiple installations of Windows on multiple drives.

I Love Lamp!

#3 DopeGod

DopeGod
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2015 - 12:25 AM

Ive Ran sfc /scannow alot of times and it doesnt want to repair the files that are still corrupt. ive done it 5 times and it still didnt fix them.

I dont know exactly what Recovery tool u are talking about but in the command prompt 

didnt work.

I do have a C: drive btw

#4 pistol22cal

pistol22cal

• Members
  • 294 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2015 - 03:11 AM

Ive Ran sfc /scannow alot of times and it doesnt want to repair the files that are still corrupt. ive done it 5 times and it still didnt fix them.

I dont know exactly what Recovery tool u are talking about but in the command prompt 

didnt work.

I do have a C: drive btw

You cant run those options in side a booted system.

Also you have to change the drive letter to the drive letter where your windows is installed.

I Love Lamp!

#5 DopeGod

DopeGod
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2015 - 04:08 PM

the scf scan did not work. I tried rebooting my pc and troubleshooting let my pc automatically repair itself and it said it 'couldn't'  repair itself. 

Edit: it did complete the scan, it just comes with the message that it wasnt able to fix some problems

Edited by DopeGod, 01 October 2015 - 05:06 PM.

#6 pistol22cal

pistol22cal

• Members
  • 294 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2015 - 10:03 PM

Grab hirens bootcd and load it to a usb drive using rufus

Hirens - http://www.hirensbootcd.org/files/Hirens.BootCD.15.2.zip

Rufus - http://rufus.akeo.ie/downloads/rufus-2.4.exe

Highly recommend Hirens and Rufus - I live and breath hirens tools, just fantastic and easy to use.

You get a bootable live Mini windows XP you can boot into and all the tools you ever need are there as well.

But I digress - it really sounds like your hdd is actually physically damaged.

I Love Lamp!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users