Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Voice not being picked up using internal/external microphones

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Hower

Hower

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:45 AM

Posted 30 September 2015 - 09:32 AM

Hello everyone.
i own an msi gt70 2pc laptop, running win 10. I've never had this problem before but for some time now whenever i try to use skype or raidcall or anything like that my voice is not being picked up properly. I've used different setups: both using my internal microphone and external headsets even professional microphones but my voice is really really low, almost non existent. I have tried downloading, installing, reinstalling audio drivers even sound blaster cinema and realtek audio manager but nothing worked no matter what the configuration is.I have gone into the "set up a microphone" options built into windows but the software won't even pick up my voice enough to be able to set one up.
no matter what software i use my voice is either no being picked up at all or when it is, it's so low that it just blends in with the background noise.

does anyone have any ideas what might be causing this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:45 PM

Posted 30 September 2015 - 08:49 PM

My initial thoughts are first, check the current default playback device. Go to Recording tab and highlight the current device - click  Properties - look for Listen - Levels - Effects and Advanced tabs. In Listen tab, see playback through device. Levels - Microphone Array/Boost, etc...

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users