Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Macbook

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Ben_

Ben_

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:33 PM

Posted 30 September 2015 - 08:16 AM

What Macbook should i buy? APPLE MacBook Air 11.6" or APPLE MacBook Pro 15" with Retina Display 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Beel

Beel

• Members
  • 416 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:33 PM

Posted 30 September 2015 - 08:39 AM

If you do a lot of travelling the Mac Book Air is light & handy to carry around, apart from that I would suggest you visit an Apple shop and have a look and try them out there to see what suits you best.

#3 Gorbulan

Gorbulan

• Members
  • 832 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:33 AM

Posted 30 September 2015 - 09:06 AM

Air if you are mobile a lot. Pro if you need a performance to get the job done. What is it you plan to do with the laptop?

#4 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:33 AM

Posted 09 October 2015 - 12:15 AM

What Macbook should i buy? APPLE MacBook Air 11.6" or APPLE MacBook Pro 15" with Retina Display

It all depends on what you want/need to do with the computer.

In general, if you want more mobility, then the 11" Air is likely the better choice. If you need more power and more screen "real estate" then the 15" Pro is likely the better choice. The 15" Pro will be a faster/better processor, better graphics, more ports, and more memory...but will be bigger, heavier, and cost twice as much.

#5 Scottster1

Scottster1

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:33 AM

Posted 10 October 2015 - 08:04 AM

The Macbook Air and Pro are pretty close in many ways (price, weight, performance, etc.) - one factor that might help you decide is the Air has many more plugs than the Pro, but the Pro has a Retina display.   I really like having several USB ports, so I chose the Air (and had to give up Retina).  

#6 flamingo_go

flamingo_go

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2016 - 06:08 AM

I'd better choose Apple MacBook Pro MF839LL/A 13.3-inch with Retina Display

THE BEST OF TIMES

When I say it's the best of times to shop for a Mac, I'm talking about the operating system. Yosemite. It's not perfect, but it's pretty much the best OS X since it's introduction. Once you set up Yosemite your way, it will become your best friend and typically leave you alone.

Unlike Windows 8.1, you won't fear updating your system. Updates aren't constant. And you won't need to run an antivirus program or malware program. You won't need to restore your computer to a prior state. You won't have to deal with a touch interface that doesn't belong on your laptop. You won't have to look forward to the 'next' operating system's bells and whistles and promises that should have been given to you a decade ago.

In a nutshell: your computer isn't a teetering Jenga Tower. It's not a PC. It's a Mac.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users