Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Upgrading to Windows 10

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Tyler20

Tyler20

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:36 AM

Posted 30 September 2015 - 08:01 AM

Is it worth upgrading from Windows 7 Windows 10? 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Beel

Beel

• Members
  • 416 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:36 PM

Posted 30 September 2015 - 08:32 AM

I would sit pat for awhile until a few things are sorted out. There is plenty of time to upgrade later if you so desire to do so. Just keep an eye on the entries here on W10. One of the members who will know much more than I will probably give you a tip or to. But as I said don't rush in....Good Luck

#3 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,444 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:36 AM

Posted 30 September 2015 - 08:44 AM

You have a full year after July 29 2015 to decide on the upgrade. Windows 10 is coming up with some major service updates, one in November and another next year. Personally, if your computer and all your programs are running fine and you do not intend to keep your computer after 2020 then I would not bother with the upgrade. Windows 10 is still a work in progress and there have been issues with it as already posted in this forum. After the upgrade there is always a chance one of your devices will not work such as an old printer that works fine on Windows 7. 

You do have the option to roll back before 30 days but the roll back on some Windows 7 computers has not been smooth.

#4 leithanne

leithanne

• Members
  • 327 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:36 AM

Posted 30 September 2015 - 10:09 AM

Waiting a bit couldn't hurt. Meanwhile, research your hardware to see if others have had issues with any of the bits and pieces. It also depends on the number of computers you have. If I'd have had only one, I wouldn't have been nearly so quick to jump on the bandwagon.

#5 Randem

Randem

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:36 PM

Posted 03 October 2015 - 01:53 AM

This information help you make up your mind - Details

People who don't know what they are talking about will provide arguments instead of any valid proof to their claims...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users