Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows OOBE

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 TheJokerz

TheJokerz

• Members
  • 287 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:00 PM

Posted 29 September 2015 - 03:27 PM

Hello all,

Sorry if this has already been asked I could not find it if it is.  Here is my problem, I am creating a custom windows 7 image to deploy at my job.  I entered the "Out of Box Experience" to get out of the "System Audit Mode" and now every time I boot the machine it is like the first time booting after an install.  This is very annoying, anybody know how to get out of the OOBE "mode"? 

Thank you in advance! :halloween:

utl8q0-5.png

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hedgeley

hedgeley

• Members
  • 306 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:00 PM

Posted 30 September 2015 - 03:27 AM

Hi TheJoerz,

I have only been playing with this stuff (sysprep,etc) for a couple of days,so I won't be much help but have a read of this.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/286053-system-preparation-tool-use-customize-windows.html

Good luck

Hedge

PS apparently cmd line is the way to go 

#3 TheJokerz

TheJokerz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 287 posts
  •  

Posted 30 September 2015 - 09:02 AM

Hi TheJoerz,

I have only been playing with this stuff (sysprep,etc) for a couple of days,so I won't be much help but have a read of this.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/286053-system-preparation-tool-use-customize-windows.html

Good luck

Hedge

PS apparently cmd line is the way to go 

Thanks hedgeley,

I actually fixed it by joining it back to our domain.  Really strange to me tho that is what I had to do to fix it...

utl8q0-5.png

#4 WinOutreach2

WinOutreach2

Authorized Microsoft Rep

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2015 - 09:33 AM

Every time as in when you run through OOBE for the first time (supply username, computername, product key, etc.), then restart the computer it prompts for the same information?

If so that would be highly unusual, and if you are using an answer file I would suspect something in that answer file might be responsible. Make sure you validate your answer files with Windows System Image Manager (WSIM). Also be sure your anti-virus or security software is disabled if you have installed it in the native image, sometimes security can block Sysprep from accessing certain files or configurations and cause Sysprep to fail or behave weirdly like what you described.

You mentioned “joining it back to our domain”. When you create a system image, you really shouldn’t join the machine to the domain. In fact the best practice that we promote is to keep the reference environment as simple as possible. Install it in a virtual machine to prevent complex drivers from installing, install as little software as possible and configure only things that must be configured during reference image creation (like CopyProfile). For installing drivers, applications, and configuring Windows we really recommend you use a modern automated deployment tool like the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) that will do these tasks during deployment. It makes the process easy to repeat and change time after time and minimizes compatibility issues with different hardware or app configs.

Brandon
Windows Outreach Team- IT Pro
Windows for IT Pros at TechNet

#5 TheJokerz

TheJokerz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 287 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2015 - 12:47 PM

Sorry for such a long delay! 

Yes every time that I would enter the information in, and restart the system it would act like a brand new computer with windows just installed.  It might be the answer file!?  I am a newb when it comes to creating windows images for deployment!  I will have to look into this a little more.

Thanks for the help!

Edited by hamluis, 14 October 2015 - 02:46 PM.
Removed unnecessary quotebox - Hamluis.

utl8q0-5.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users