Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 SCCM Deployment VPN/computer name questions

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 jasonlevitt

jasonlevitt

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:21 PM

Posted 29 September 2015 - 02:46 PM

Hello All,

got an issue hoping to find some help. I am attempting to deploy a VPN connection during a task sequence SCCM OSD deployment. I can get it to drop the PBK file in to the app data folder in either user or programdata however I need it to come up as shared and accessible at log in thus enabling off site log in to the domain using the VPN for first log in. We are using Windows 7 64 bit and SCCM 2012 r2.  After copy the VPN does exist and is listed in rasphone however doesn't appear in network connections..  If there is a script I can use to create the connection that would be fine I am just not sure how to do that being I need it to be shared/available at log in.

I am also in need of a script that will set a computer name using WMI identifying number/serial number.  I am not running MDT in conjunction with SCCM.  So gather is not an option OSDcomputername doesn't seem to work.  Currently I have this but it errors out (shown in bold)

Set objWMISvc = GetObject( "winmgmts:\\.\root\cimv2" )

Set colItems = objWMISvc.ExecQuery( "Select * from Win32_SystemEnclosure", , 48 )
 For Each objItem in colItems
 strSerialNumber = objItem.SerialNumber
 Next

strMachineName = strSerialNumber

Set oTSEnv = CreateObject("Microsoft.SMS.TSEnvironment")

oTSEnv("OSDComputerName") = UCase(strMachineName)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users