I purchased a custom computer 3 years back. About 6 months ago, each time i powered it up, it took longer and longer, leading up to having to run a system repair each time to get it to boot.
Eventually, it just stopped booting entirely before i could do any troubleshooting of all the hardware.
When i boot up, i see the motherboard light up, all fans are go (Including video card) but monitor just does nothing, and says no connection.
I have tried the following steps trying to isolate the problem:
- Replaced video card with a working, generic video card - same results
- Resat all memory (4x4GB total) - same results
- Replaced hard drive - same results
- Changed the wire connection of hard drive to different slot on mobo - same results
- Changed monitor - same result
- Changed output from HDMI to VGA on both cards - same result
- Fully Sprayed and cleaned out internals - same result
- Checked for blown caps on the mobo - same result
I am not sure what else to check or how to do anymore checks, all i know is i have a $1400 (At the time) PC that i dont want to goto waste, as im sure there is just some key part that isnt working.
I was thinking maybe the motherboard just went on it, but i dont see any black caps and im not sure how to test to ensure that it is.
Any suggestions on some things to test, or some parts to move around or just any general tips would be greatly appreciated =)
PS: I can give the parts info if requested, along with any pictures of the internals