Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

WiFi drops out after a few minutes

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Eddie7

Eddie7

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:52 PM

Posted 29 September 2015 - 02:17 PM

Here's my laptop: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-envy-x360-2-in-1-15-6-touch-screen-laptop-intel-core-i7-8gb-memory-1tb-hard-drive-natural-silver/4221702.p?id=1219708600904&skuId=4221702

I've been having problems with this laptop. Anyways, the WiFi keeps dropping out. The WiFi doesn't say that it is turned off but it just doesn't work. It shows that I am still connected but sometimes it has a yellow caution sign that says that there's no internet connection. All I have to do it to turn the WiFi off and then on, on my laptop. Then it works. This happens every 10 minutes or so. What is wrong my laptop? I know that it is not the router's problem because I'm at school and everyone else does not have this problem.

Here's what I think of it. Is Windows 10 just really glitchy? This laptop came with Windows 10. Could it be a program that I'm running that causes this problem? The programs I run all the time when this happens is ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes, Dropbox, and Firefox (all at their latest versions). Please help? Thanks.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 29 September 2015 - 02:58 PM.
moved from Windows 10 to Networking

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:52 PM

Posted 30 September 2015 - 07:07 AM

First thing I always do is in device manager, right click on the wireless card listed in Network devices, click Uninstall and click OK, then reboot the PC. When it comes back up see if that fixed it.

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

#3 Eddie7

Eddie7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  

Posted 30 September 2015 - 09:14 AM

First thing I always do is in device manager, right click on the wireless card listed in Network devices, click Uninstall and click OK, then reboot the PC. When it comes back up see if that fixed it.

Lol, I'm not sure if I should completely uninstall it.

I'm going to replace some parts of my laptop sooner or later so I think I'll just do that. Thanks though! :)

#4 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:05:52 PM

Posted 30 September 2015 - 10:02 AM

It might be worth a try to uninstall it.

Windows will see it as new hardware and install the generic Windows drivers when you reboot.

You will need to wait until Windows tells you they are been installed and the device is ready for use.

#5 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 30 September 2015 - 02:46 PM

If you do just what I said and nothing else, all it will do is refresh the driver install. It doesn't actually uninstall anything. But it's up to you, good luck =)

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

#6 Eddie7

Eddie7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2015 - 07:59 PM

Okay, I just reformated my whole computer today. It should be better now.

#7 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 02 October 2015 - 11:48 AM

hmmm....won't do a driver refresh but is OK with complete format. Perfect.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users