Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Weird Text at HDD tab

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Tenis

Tenis

Bleepin' FX

• Malware Study Hall Senior
  • 1,259 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:37 PM

Posted 29 September 2015 - 12:14 PM

Hi there,

I just notice that something weird text appears on my drives tab.And after i restarted my PC it gone.

Anyone have any idea what can cause this?

vytwbTZ.jpg

Tenis

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CodeSmasha

CodeSmasha

• Banned
  • 524 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 AM

Posted 02 October 2015 - 05:43 AM

Most likely a glitch? Though I think it's something like a virus, because nothing has ever happened on peoples PC's like that.

Edited by CodeSmasha, 02 October 2015 - 05:45 AM.

#3 Foldingchair

Foldingchair

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 PM

Posted 02 October 2015 - 05:59 AM

Does that kind of text occur anywhere else on your hard drive(s)? Like in a file name or something? I've seen Windows messing up in the past where it gave certain objects the name of another, like it was confused or something. Not caused by a virus of any kind. Never with groups though, just files.

"Peace and blessings be upon you all."

#4 Tenis

Tenis

Bleepin' FX

• Topic Starter

• Malware Study Hall Senior
  • 1,259 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:37 PM

Posted 02 October 2015 - 06:51 AM

it only showed up only once so far.Never seen this before even in infected machines.

When it show up on Hard Drive it was also in Start Menu searches as search is divided in category and each one had same text as on hard drives.

EDIT:correction

Edited by Tenis, 02 October 2015 - 06:52 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users