Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Videos not playing in Windows 10... Graphics Driver Issue

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 BenjaminGordonT

BenjaminGordonT

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:55 AM

Posted 29 September 2015 - 09:29 AM

So I upgraded my Lenovo B575 to Windows 10... And one thing bugs me... When I try to watch a video online half the time it doesn't work... YouTube Video work most of the time but when I try to preview one on Bing Videos then I get a green screen where the video should be and the audio plays but it is sometimes laggy... This site CNN.com/StudentNews NEVER plays and when I try to play the video no video shows up but the audio plays for a few seconds and then gets really laggy and crashes... The graphics driver and software (Catalyst Control Center) was automatically downloaded and installed via Windows Update and I think that is where my problem arises. I have tried messing with the Video settings in Catalyst Control center and it does change things but it doesn't fix my issue... I went to the Lenovo's website for my computer and they have a Graphics Driver for it which I downloaded and installed... However when I install it then Catalyst Control Center crashes upon trying to load and whenever I try to play one of those videos the entire webpage crashes... I have gotten it to work when using the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter driver but that is extremely bad resolution and Windows Update will automatically reinstall the Catalyst Control Center Graphics Driver anyway upon reboot... It works fine in Windows 7... I'm not sure what I need to do to the Graphics Drivers and/or Software to get it to work properly... Appreciate any assistance... Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gigawert

gigawert

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:55 AM

Posted 29 September 2015 - 06:06 PM

I would install the graphics driver from the GPU's manufacturer website, not Windows Update.

John 3:16

"God loved the world so much that He gave His uniquely-sired Son, with the result that anyone who believes in Him would never perish but have eternal life."

#3 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,085 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 AM

Posted 29 September 2015 - 06:55 PM

...and following on from gigawert's suggestion......

Go into device manager and disable the current video driver (do not reboot, yet)

Install the video driver from the GPU's website

Reboot

You can also block windows update - from updating drivers automatically (otherwise Windows will simply overwrite the change you have made)

via Control Panel >>System > advanced system setting > hardware TAB > device installation settings > No, let me choose and never

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#4 BenjaminGordonT

BenjaminGordonT
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:55 AM

Posted 01 October 2015 - 10:32 AM

Sweet it worked! Another example of Windows 10 forced automatic updates screwing things up for the rest of us...

#5 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,085 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 AM

Posted 01 October 2015 - 06:07 PM

Good to know that worked for you.

and yes...auto updates will cause quite some hardship/confusion/frustration for some time to come.

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users