Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Geforce 6200 Or Geforce 7600gs

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 icu222much

icu222much

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:40 AM

Posted 18 July 2006 - 10:25 AM

Aloha !

I was wondering which video card is better for the buck:

ASUS GEFORCE 6200 TURBOCACHE PCI-E 256MB DDR DVI TV-OUT (EN6200TC256/TD/64) -- $60.00 Cnd

ASUS GEFORCE 7600GS PCI-E 256MB GDDR3 DVI TV-OUT SLI (EN7600GS SILENT/HTD/256M) -- $160 Cnd

I noticed there is a hundred dollars difference between the cards so i'm assuming the 7600GS is going to be much much better. I'm just wondering why ? Does it have newer technology or does it process things much quicker ? I'm also wondering if both of these cards will be able to handle FPSs such as Call of Duty and softwares such as Final Cut and 3D Studio ?

Thanks, Jon

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 protozero

protozero

• Members
  • 447 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:40 AM

Posted 18 July 2006 - 01:44 PM

Well I'd say I'd be much better to go for the 7600GS. It's quite faster, perhaps more then double and it does have better features such as support for HDR, ( High dynamic Rage: Makes shadows all softer and more realistic ) Shader model 3, used in new games like....Splinter Cell: Choas Theory ( I think ) and if you need to upgrade your video card later on in the future. You can just buy a SLI motherboard along with another 7600GS and you got SLI.

I had some trouble finding some benchmark tests between the 7600GS and 6200.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

#3 TheEmuRider

TheEmuRider

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:40 AM

Posted 18 July 2006 - 04:00 PM

The 7600GS is a great card which is meant to replace the 6600, as far as I can tell from benchmarks. http://peripherals.consumerelectronicsnet....le.jsp?id=46899

I recommend getting that, because soon the 6200 will be outdated and you will be wishing you had spent the extra 100 bucks, instead of 60 now and then another 160 later.

#4 JPHarvey

JPHarvey

• Members
  • 508 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:40 PM

Posted 18 July 2006 - 04:45 PM

To find out why one card is different from another, you really need to have a dig around (like these two lads did). Your best bet is always going to be the manufacturers website (for the features of the card), then start hunting for reviews and benchmark testing.
Last stop should be the forums to find out what everyone else thinks and often you will find someone who actually has one!
[CPU]Intel E6600 Core 2 Duo @ 3.19GHz
[MoBo]ASUS P5N32-SLI Premium (nForce590)
[RAM]4GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2-800 CL4 @ 710MHz
[GPU]XFX 8800 GTX 768MB [SLI] @ Stock
[PSU]CoolerMaster 1kW
[Audio]ASUS Xonar D2
[Case]Antec Nine Hundred
[OS]Windows Vista Ultimate 64
[LCD]SAMSUNG 226BW
[Other]WC'd CPU & SLI

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users