Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My type of games

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Angelbaaby

Angelbaaby

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:54 PM

Posted 06 June 2004 - 10:36 AM

I am new to this forum but thought I would list my favorite games and see if anyone out there plays any of these as well. I play Sof2, Asherons Call2, Priston Tale, Diablo ll, NWN, UT2003, Unreal Tournament, CS, TO, FO, and a few others as well. Let me know if any of you play any of these.
Angel

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,388 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2004 - 11:19 AM

How is Asherons Call 2? I used to Ultima Online heavily, then moved to Everquest, then to Dark Ages of Camelot. Then i just gave them all up because they were WAY too addicting.

#3 Angelbaaby

Angelbaaby
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2004 - 12:23 PM

I love it, its a great game it can be addicting but as long as i keep having my overheating problem i cant become addicted.

#4 Bluie

Bluie

• Members
  • 160 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:54 PM

Posted 06 June 2004 - 04:29 PM

Would someone please recommend one of those or something similar for a BEGINNER. Total :thumbsup: don't know :trumpet: about :flowers:

And keep in mind it is for a redhead. Redheads are just blondes with a temper.

#5 Angelbaaby

Angelbaaby
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2004 - 11:44 PM

Are you talking about a MMORPG or just an RPG for beginners?

#6 Bluie

Bluie

• Members
  • 160 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2004 - 02:05 PM

:flowers: :thumbsup: Told you total ignoramus here.

RPG is Role Playing Game. OH just googled MMORPG. Would guess that RPG would be more basic than "massive mutiplayer". Single player would probably be more my speed.

Have gone to some if the sites mentioned here. Even signed up for a couple, Evernight and Ambar and some Pirate thing. But the chat boards all reflect really advanced players. Do any of them have a separate setup for beginners?

Played Wolfenstein(?) something about escaping from a a dungeon. Guess what.. I get motion sickness! Not in a car, boat, or plane but running down the halls of that dungeon.

Actually I hang out over at NEOPETS. Lots of games in addition to the basic pet concept. Since it is aimed at kids they keep the crude language and flaming at a minimum. Also games are not interrupted by ads as they are at POGO.

#7 Angelbaaby

Angelbaaby
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2004 - 02:25 PM

i dont really know much about games you find online to play. I buy my games and hook up online with others who play the same games. I play mostly all multiplayer games so we can help each ther out. sorry about not explaining initials I forget sometimes. you are right rpg=role playing game mmorpg=massive multiplayer online role playing game where thousands all over interact with each other in the same game with you playing together. Most al them are pay to play type of games but they can be fun.

#8 jball007

jball007

• Members
  • 145 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2007 - 02:58 PM

Would someone please recommend one of those or something similar for a BEGINNER. Total :flowers: don't know :trumpet: about :inlove:

And keep in mind it is for a redhead. Redheads are just blondes with a temper.

:thumbsup:

Ok sry need to get to my point...

If you like First Person Shooters (FPS) the battlefield series is pretty simple not many concepts except point and shoot unless you try to drive...

For RPG's i like Neverwinter Nights 2 which is sortof hard to get at first but if you read the short manual they give u everything u pretty much need to know is it there...

For Massive Multiplayer ones i like (MMORPG) WOW (very addicting and easy) Phantasy Star Online (Pretty Difficult) and I'm a huge fan of FF's Final Fantasy's (some are RPG some are MMORPG)

In the RTS section i like command and conquer which has a storyline to go along with the gameplay if u like singleplayer games..its also online!

~Jake

P.S. Hope u find one ya like!!

Edited by jball007, 03 July 2007 - 02:59 PM.

"I Came to Bring The Pain"

Posted Image

System: Core 2 Duo @ 2.44, Asus WIFI P5B mobo, Radeon 1950XT gcard, 2x1GB Memory, LITE-ON x2 DVD/CD drives, Aerocool Case, AOC FC-2000 PCI Slot Case Cooler, AeroCool 92mm Heatsink W/2 80m Fans Mounted on it, (3) 120m Fans on Case, (1) 220m Fan on Case, 150g HDD 10K RPM (For random stuff), 75G HDD 15k RPM (For Gaming)... Thermaltake (4) 12v rail PSU...THE END!!

#9 athelos

athelos

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 PM

Posted 03 July 2007 - 03:22 PM

Has anyone here played The Guild 2 before? If so what are your opinions of it and have you tried it online? I like the idea of it as it was very original and it is fairly good, but like most games produced by Jowood it also seems to have been very rushed. Was just wondering if the online play was any better?
Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia.
--Charles Schultz

#10 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 PM

Posted 03 July 2007 - 04:10 PM

Ultra-simple / beginner friendly games:

1) Final Fantasy X (PS2)
2)Fable or Fable The Lost Chapters (Xbox/PC)
3).(Dot)Hack (PS2) - a single player intro to MMORPGs
4)Jade Empire (Xbox/PC)
5)Diablo 1&2 (PC) - Single Player or MMORPG

Posted Image

#11 Bluie

Bluie

• Members
  • 160 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2007 - 12:50 PM

:thumbsup: jball007 better three years late than never :trumpet: Maybe will I try some of the ones which you and Blackspyder listed. Mostly I just gave up on RPG.

Mainly because I have not had good experiences. In one the second item to obtain was an egg. Everyone was standing around killing the chickens as fast as they could, so no one could get an egg. When I asked why they were killing the chickens (which after all was pretty :flowers: obvious) they killed ME. Well that was a lot of fun.

#12 jball007

jball007

• Members
  • 145 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2007 - 01:11 PM

:trumpet: jball007 better three years late than never :thumbsup: Maybe will I try some of the ones which you and Blackspyder listed. Mostly I just gave up on RPG.

Mainly because I have not had good experiences. In one the second item to obtain was an egg. Everyone was standing around killing the chickens as fast as they could, so no one could get an egg. When I asked why they were killing the chickens (which after all was pretty :inlove: obvious) they killed ME. Well that was a lot of fun.

Im not going to lie.. I have an addiction to RPG based games... although FPS's are my true love...

3 years late is better than not at all! :bike:

Sorry to hear bout bad experiences... chickens can be a pain sometimes :flowers: lol..

"I Came to Bring The Pain"

Posted Image

System: Core 2 Duo @ 2.44, Asus WIFI P5B mobo, Radeon 1950XT gcard, 2x1GB Memory, LITE-ON x2 DVD/CD drives, Aerocool Case, AOC FC-2000 PCI Slot Case Cooler, AeroCool 92mm Heatsink W/2 80m Fans Mounted on it, (3) 120m Fans on Case, (1) 220m Fan on Case, 150g HDD 10K RPM (For random stuff), 75G HDD 15k RPM (For Gaming)... Thermaltake (4) 12v rail PSU...THE END!!

#13 hebee

hebee

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 10 September 2007 - 10:21 PM

Not any of my type

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users