Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot connect to internet after Windows reset

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Richardf77

Richardf77

• Members
  • 169 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 PM

Posted 29 September 2015 - 05:17 AM

I have just done a clean reinstall of windows 7 home premium after a failed upgrade to 10. This was done on a 5 year old ASUS A53E Laptop. All went well and thanks to drive partition i was able to preserve user data.

However i have been unable to connect the internet either wired or wirelessly (primary connection method). The problem does not sem to be with my connection or the router but with the network adapter on the laptop. Reinstalling windows seems to have lost the 'internet' drivers (Network Adapter Drivers) andi cannot sem to find them again and reinstall them. The copy of windows i reinstalled seemed to include some drivers but when i tried to install them they wouldnt, giving me a 'Code 10' error.

I am guessing the drivers available on the machine are either not the right ones or are out of date. Either way i need to obtain new ones or otherwise fix the problem. That ironically means going online which obviously i cant do! How can i get the drivers i need and install them sucessfully on the laptop in question?

In case you were wondering i am on a different PC with an A1 internet connection. Not much help though for fixing the laptop!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 shelf life

shelf life

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,651 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 PM

Posted 30 September 2015 - 05:55 PM

Go to the ASUS site. Laptops can use proprietary drivers. Find the network adapters for your make/ model and W7. 

Download them to a usb flash drive.

Transfer the files over to the laptop then point W7 to the files during the install. Use browse to point to the files and not "let windows go online....." May have to unzip them first.

How Can I Reduce My Risk to Malware?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users