Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mouse has stopped working on laptop

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Tradesman

Tradesman

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:43 PM

Posted 29 September 2015 - 03:38 AM

I Have no idea why but the mouse on my sons laptop has stopped working ( its the external mouse) - testing on my laptop the mouse is fine.

Ive deleted driver and reinstalled - no change.

any ideas please?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Tradesman

Tradesman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:43 PM

Posted 29 September 2015 - 05:29 AM

where should i start i have ran various programmes such as malwarebytes and cccleaner

#3 pistol22cal

pistol22cal

• Members
  • 294 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:43 PM

Posted 30 September 2015 - 10:41 PM

Perhaps the USB port you are using on the laptop is bad

I Love Lamp!

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:43 AM

Posted 01 October 2015 - 08:33 AM

Look in the Device Manager under mice and other pointing devices and see if there is a yellow warning icon or red error icon.

Not knowing what make and model this computer is I don't know what is needed to be changed to switch between the touchpad and an external mouse.

Does the touchpad work?

Edit:

Another possibility could be that the energy saving feature in the Device Manger for that port could be seeing it as inactive and shut the port down to conserve on energy.

You can also right click on the computer icon in the Device Manager (this should have the computer's name listed),  click on Scan for hardware changes.

Edited by dc3, 01 October 2015 - 08:38 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users