Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Partially broken computer

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 LikesThingstoWork

LikesThingstoWork

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:10 PM

Posted 28 September 2015 - 08:41 PM

Specs

Barebones:

Shuttle XPC SH87R6

CPU:

Intel i5-4460

GPU:

EVGA 750ti-ftw

Ram:

2 sticks of 4GB crucial ballistixs sport

Drive:

250 GB Intel SSD

I first started having problems with my computer a couple months after I built it. After trouble shooting I determined that one of my ram sticks(I used to have 3) had gone bad. I removed the offending stick and all was well, except, I've noticed strange happenings. It's been months since then, but every once in awhile I'll notice that my computer has turned itself off(I assume from BSoD), and once it BSoDed while I was sitting in front of it. I turned it back on and it was fine.

This morning(9-28-15) I noticed it had turned itself off, when I tried to turn it back on it POSTed and gave me a black screen with the text message "Operating System Not Found" or "Missing Operating system". 

I left for school, got back around 6, and when I plugged in a different hard drive from an external USB port, a preliminary to opening the case and yanking the current HD, it booted up from the standard drive no problem.

I have no clue what's going on, but would like to fix it to prevent possible damage to my system. If anyone has encountered this themselves, or knows what is going on, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users