Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I am not picking on Win 10 just trying to understand it.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dannyboy950

dannyboy950

• Members
  • 1,338 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:53 PM

Posted 28 September 2015 - 06:36 PM

While I do find issue with the way it is set up by default.  This OS is the only one of the latest that I can actually use sort of.

Win 7 I never used at all win 8 it took me 2 weeks to actually be able to turn off. Even pushing the power button it was still on just asleep. 8.1 I only got to play with a few days before 10 installed.

So here I am trying to understand how and why it does what it does and make it do what I want it to do.

So far a frusturating task to say the least.

But I will get there eventually or get rid of it.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 28 September 2015 - 06:59 PM.
moved from Windows 10 Support to Windows 10 Discussion

HP 15-f009wm notebook AMD-E1-2100 APV 1Ghz Processor 8 GB memory 500 GB Hdd

Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa Cinamon

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,081 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 AM

Posted 28 September 2015 - 06:56 PM

I understand your frustration.

I think it is quite fair to say that win 10 is a beta program.....and as such is subject to all sorts of unexplained dramas and behavior.

The "FIX" for all of the crap that has emanated from this OS, must come from Microsoft.

So, take a load off....the problem is not you...sit back and wait for msft to eventually get their act together.

True...their act should have been way more polished than it has been....an OS that has dramas with 3rd party programs etc etc is nothing new....but an OS that has dramas with the very basics of computing, like wifi connections, privacy, and indeed with their very own apps etc etc etc, is not something that can be fixed overnight, and certainly cannot be fixed by the hoi poloi of the computing world.....you and me !....and releasing it to the general public in its current state of undress, was a clear statement of the disregard which msft holds their base customers in.

Dont try to understand it just yet....you will drive yourself 'nuttty'....because the sand will continue to shift beneath your feet.

Edited by Condobloke, 28 September 2015 - 06:57 PM.

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#3 leithanne

leithanne

• Members
  • 327 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:53 PM

Posted 28 September 2015 - 07:13 PM

Yes, Win 10 certainly wasn't ready for prime time. I think they pushed it out too soon, to grab the back-to-school crowd. That's a shame, because so much of it is really good, but the beta aspects are frustrating.

You'll figure it out, Danny. Just gonna take some time.

#4 dannyboy950

dannyboy950
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,338 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:53 PM

Posted 29 September 2015 - 03:26 PM

I guess I am going to take yalls advice and quit beating my head against a brick wall for awhile.

I am wasteing too much of my little time left on this earth trying to get this the way I want it.

I have other more important things I need to take care of.

Thanks to all who have tried to help me or provided information and links to help full information.

HP 15-f009wm notebook AMD-E1-2100 APV 1Ghz Processor 8 GB memory 500 GB Hdd

Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa Cinamon

#5 Uncle Bud

Uncle Bud

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:53 PM

Posted 30 September 2015 - 11:29 AM

Mine is still buggie but I do like it.

When it works like it is supposed to.

Which is most of the time.