Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Browser Issues

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Kalador5

Kalador5

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 AM

Posted 28 September 2015 - 06:34 PM

Hi all

i am not sure where to post this question

I have a win 7  computer running 4bit ultimate

however i

1] I cannot update anything keep getting some error code

2] I am unable to use any browser [ firefox,torch,maxium,chrome,opera and a few others....i do have current drivers on my vvideo card......and iam not sure what to do or where to ask for help here

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,504 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:07 AM

Posted 28 September 2015 - 08:03 PM

I'm asking questions so others may be able to help.

Are you able to download and install browsers?

Are you using IE to get browsers to test or are you using another computer to download the browsers?

Have you scanned for malware?

What security programs are presently installed?

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 Kalador5

Kalador5
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  

Posted 28 September 2015 - 08:12 PM

i have scanned for malware and found none...malware-byes...

i actually have used IE to try to download different browsers...however i had to use another computer to get the install packages..i am unable to use IE on my own computer

it keeps stopping or i cannot see anything..(window is black or greyed out )

i have MSE right now as i can't get anything else other than the malware-bytes to actually run

Edited by Kalador5, 28 September 2015 - 08:13 PM.

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,504 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2015 - 08:30 AM

I looked at your topic in July...virtually the same issue.

I recommend you do a clean install of Windows. Do you need help in doing that?

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#5 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,552 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2015 - 11:35 AM

tweaking.com's portable version windows repairs (all in one) may be worthwhile sneaker-netting [on a usb or dvd], running defaults and items 26 & 27 checkmarked.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

#6 Kalador5

Kalador5
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2015 - 11:43 AM

yes the same issues...i already did a complete reinstall more than once...got a new hard drive and everything and still have those issue i stated earlier in that post..i know of no malware on my machine at the present ....i just cannot figure out what is wrong...it worked and then all of the sudden is quit working right...i cannot even use IE anymore...and that's just to try to download firefox and other programs

i really could use some advice other than complete rebuild of the machine as i cannot afford that option at this time

#7 Kalador5

Kalador5
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2015 - 11:45 AM

tweaking.com's portable version windows repairs (all in one) may be worthwhile sneaker-netting [on a usb or dvd], running defaults and items 26 & 27 checkmarked.

i think i tried that the last time and it did not help any

i am not 100% sure that is the program i used though

I looked at your topic in July...virtually the same issue.

I recommend you do a clean install of Windows. Do you need help in doing that?

i could use some help with that...i may of messed up something the last time i tried that

#8 Kalador5

Kalador5
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2015 - 11:47 AM

i did manage to get the update to start running ....i had to reset the datre/time on my computer ...it seems to have gone back a few years ...but that issue is solved...the others remain

#9 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,552 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2015 - 12:18 PM

I'm not joking here, however, I'm wondering if you're reInstalling and reInstalling some of  the same stuff that is causing computer grief. If one is doing the same things over and over, getting the same results over and over -- maybe it's time to stop ReInstalling everything. Maybe it's time to install Windows and test.  Install one antivirus, one antimalware and test.  Install FF or Chrome and test.  Test IE 'cause it comes with Windows anyway.

Edited by RolandJS, 29 September 2015 - 12:19 PM.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

#10 Kalador5

Kalador5
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2015 - 12:38 PM

I'm not joking here, however, I'm wondering if you're reInstalling and reInstalling some of  the same stuff that is causing computer grief. If one is doing the same things over and over, getting the same results over and over -- maybe it's time to stop ReInstalling everything. Maybe it's time to install Windows and test.  Install one antivirus, one antimalware and test.  Install FF or Chrome and test.  Test IE 'cause it comes with Windows anyway.

I appreciate your help..and i don't think your joking at all..however..i did the install with a different disk/iso and i am wondering if it's a hardware conflict...I removed the video card i have on one of the installs and didnt install any of the drivers for the card

after every install i tested IE and the window flickers and flashes and then i get the "Internet Explorer has stopped working and need to close " notice ...every time i try to get online and at this time i cannot even downoad a different browser to try that..as of this post i am using a different computer to get help with this

#11 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,558 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2015 - 01:58 PM

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:
  List last 10 Event Viewer log
  List Installed Programs
  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

#12 Kalador5

Kalador5
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2015 - 05:02 PM

ok i will do that

#13 Kalador5

Kalador5
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2015 - 06:12 PM

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/a2rCv4UXraPfalG4DJtWrG5

speccy link

MiniToolBox by Farbar  Version: 25-07-2015 01
Ran by Eric (administrator) on 29-09-2015 at 17:51:13
Running from "C:\"
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate  Service Pack 1 (X64)
Model: GA-A55M-DS2 Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
Boot Mode: Normal

========================= Event log errors: ===============================

Application errors:
==================
Error: (09/29/2015 01:44:56 PM) (Source: ESENT) (User: )
Description: WinMail (2212) WindowsMail0: The backup has been stopped because it was halted by the client or the connection with the client failed.

Error: (09/29/2015 01:44:51 PM) (Source: ESENT) (User: )
Description: WinMail (1012) WindowsMail0: The backup has been stopped because it was halted by the client or the connection with the client failed.

Error: (09/29/2015 10:05:43 AM) (Source: Application Error) (User: )
Description: Faulting application name: mshta.exe, version: 6.0.2900.2180, time stamp: 0x41107b3f
Faulting module name: mshtml.dll, version: 8.0.7600.16385, time stamp: 0x4a5bda8a
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00439a88
Faulting process id: 0x554
Faulting application start time: 0xmshta.exe0
Faulting application path: mshta.exe1
Faulting module path: mshta.exe2
Report Id: mshta.exe3

Error: (09/29/2015 10:05:10 AM) (Source: Microsoft-Windows-CAPI2) (User: )
Description: Failed extract of third-party root list from auto update cab at: <http://www.download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/v3/static/trustedr/en/authrootstl.cab> with error: The data is invalid.

Error: (09/29/2015 10:04:22 AM) (Source: Microsoft-Windows-CAPI2) (User: )
Description: Failed extract of third-party root list from auto update cab at: <http://www.download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/v3/static/trustedr/en/authrootstl.cab> with error: The data is invalid.

Error: (09/29/2015 10:04:22 AM) (Source: Microsoft-Windows-CAPI2) (User: )

Error: (09/29/2015 10:04:22 AM) (Source: Application Error) (User: )
Description: Faulting application name: iexplore.exe, version: 8.0.7600.16385, time stamp: 0x4a5bc69e
Faulting module name: mshtml.dll, version: 8.0.7600.16385, time stamp: 0x4a5bda8a
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00439a88
Faulting process id: 0x558
Faulting application start time: 0xiexplore.exe0
Faulting application path: iexplore.exe1
Faulting module path: iexplore.exe2
Report Id: iexplore.exe3

Error: (09/29/2015 10:04:17 AM) (Source: Microsoft-Windows-CAPI2) (User: )

#14 Kalador5

Kalador5
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  

Posted 30 September 2015 - 12:07 PM

hello everyone...i am just checking in to see if anyone has read my info on my post...I want to say thanks in advance for any help i receive..you guys do a lot of great work on this site.......

#15 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,558 posts
  •  

Posted 30 September 2015 - 12:12 PM

It doesn't appear to me...that you followed the directions very well.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users