Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Iphone 5S can not sync with cloud

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 JohnWJ

JohnWJ

• Members
  • 205 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:43 PM

Posted 28 September 2015 - 01:46 PM

Good Afternoon everyone

I have just noticed that my Iphone has not backed up to Icloud in 10 days I have tried to do it manually. When I look at Itunes it is showing that the Automaticaly sync when conected to computer is greyed out. I have tried to add an image but can not

John

An Australian Living in the USA

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Fawwrty

Fawwrty

• Banned Spammer
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 PM

Posted 09 October 2015 - 12:59 AM

You can backup and sync contacts, messages, email accounts, photos, videos, notes, and other personal settings to iCloud.

Turn on iCloud Backup

Choose iCloud Backup.

Enter your Apple ID and password.

Sync iPhone some content to iCloud

Edited by Fawwrty, 09 October 2015 - 01:00 AM.

#3 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:43 AM

Posted 09 October 2015 - 01:16 AM

Good Afternoon everyone

I have just noticed that my Iphone has not backed up to Icloud in 10 days I have tried to do it manually. When I look at Itunes it is showing that the Automaticaly sync when conected to computer is greyed out. I have tried to add an image but can not

If you have the iPhone set to back up to iCloud, then I don't believe you can use the "automatic sync" function as that syncs to your computer. You have to switch the setting from backing up to iCloud to backing up to the computer in iTunes.

For iCloud backup, you can try to "manually" run a backup on the iPhone...I believe (I don't use iCloud to backup my iOS devices...I use a computer). It would be in the Settings app under iCloud > Backup.

#4 JohnWJ

JohnWJ
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 205 posts
  •  

Posted 09 October 2015 - 08:23 AM

You can backup and sync contacts, messages, email accounts, photos, videos, notes, and other personal settings to iCloud.

Turn on iCloud Backup

Choose iCloud Backup.

Good Afternoon everyone

If you have the iPhone set to back up to iCloud, then I don't believe you can use the "automatic sync" function as that syncs to your computer. You have to switch the setting from backing up to iCloud to backing up to the computer in iTunes.

For iCloud backup, you can try to "manually" run a backup on the iPhone...I believe (I don't use iCloud to backup my iOS devices...I use a computer). It would be in the Settings app under iCloud > Backup.

Thanks Guys I'll try that when I get home tonight

John

#5 JohnWJ

JohnWJ
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 205 posts
  •  

Posted 09 October 2015 - 08:28 PM

Turn on iCloud Backup

Choose iCloud Backup.

Good Afternoon everyone

Thanks Guys I'll try that when I get home tonight

Just tried and it would not work

John

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users