Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

A6-6400K temperature is a mystery

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Exacta

Exacta

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:37 AM

Posted 28 September 2015 - 08:29 AM

Recently built a PC for home/office use. I am not a gamer. At issue is I have no idea what the actual temperature of the chip is at idle or when being stressed. For starters, the maximum operating temperature for this chip is 70 degs C and I have the following:

APU: A6-6400K w/ stock cooler

Motherboard: Gigabyte F2-A88XM-D3H

Case: Silverstone PS-08 w/ 120mm intake fan, 80mm exhaust fan, side panels ventilation.

Software monitoring and temperature(s) at idle:

- HWMonitor - 53-55 degrees

- SpeedFan - 5-7 degrees

- Speccy - 53 degrees

- Core Temp 1.0 RC6 - 0 degrees

- AMD Overdrive - Thermal margin range 65-70 degrees (temperature below the maximum operating temperature)

So based on the above readings, Overdrive, Speedfan and Core Temp are showing the APU temperature as hovering at 0-5 degrees C at idle. The other two are showing temps that seem more realistic. I'd just like to know that actual temperature of the chip is and simply use one program to monitor.

Any advice would be very welcome.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:37 AM

Posted 29 September 2015 - 12:03 PM

HWMonitor and Speccy both are showing 53C.  I've seen Speccy produce questionable results, but CPUID'S Hardware Monitor is a good program for this purpose.  In this case they are both showing the same temperatures, so I would be inclined to believe these.  53 -55 degrees C is well withing normal tolerances.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,753 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:37 AM

Posted 30 September 2015 - 09:32 AM

You should also be able to check CPU temperature in the BIOS.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users