Hello I am trying to do a clean install of Windows7 on my XP laptop and I get the message ..
Windows cannot retrieve info on disk drives on this PC.
As I can't find Virtual Disk ServiceI have tried the following to populate the disk information:
1) Click Start / Run and type devmgmt.msc
2) Expand the Disk drives and double click the disk.
3) Click Volumes on the disk Properties.
4) If the volumes information are blank, click Populate.
5) Insert the Windows 7 installation disc and launch Setup.exe
My problem is that after clicking OK when the the disk info has been populated and I go back to the installation disk the the same message comes up. When I check the volumes information has gone and it needs populating again.
Any ideas please how to nail this info to the page?