Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

SecPod Saner

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 PresComm

PresComm

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 AM

Posted 28 September 2015 - 06:33 AM

I know that Secunia PSI is a preferred software around these parts, but I happened to stumble upon a similar software that I personally am loving right now: SecPod Saner.

SecPod Saner is a program that scans your computer on a periodic basis and creates a profile of the software you have installed. It then presents you with a list of said software, and whether or not said software is vulnerable to various CVE-numbered vulnerabilities. Better still, it allows you to in one single click download an update for the software that will remediate the vulnerability, if said update is available.

I must confess to not having much experience with Secunia PSI, so I can't state how this compares or if they would be good to run side-by-side, but I thought bringing it up here may be helpful, since I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere else on the site.

Check out the website here: http://www.secpod.com/saner-personal.html

Edited by PresComm, 28 September 2015 - 06:38 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,476 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 AM

Posted 28 September 2015 - 04:37 PM

If you're not familiar with Securnia, check out our tututorial...How to detect vulnerable and out-dated programs using Secunia Personal Software Inspector.

SecPod Saner Personal is extremely slow and has poor documentation. It also provides a more detailed overview of missing software patches than some of the competition, but we're not sure this compensates for all the waiting around.

Saner Personal Review by PC Advisor

Other Free Software Update Monitoring Tools:
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users