Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How To Open Psd?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 erickyim2132

erickyim2132

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:15 AM

Posted 28 September 2015 - 02:14 AM

hi , im a matte painter and im facing a problem concerning photoshop . i was working on a psd. file and after finishing my wrk i press ctrl+s to save it but unfortunately in the middle of the saving process the c.p.u. has been turned off because of the u.p.s fault after restarting the system ,i try to open my same psd file but i got an error msg. ( could not complete your request because the file is not compatible with this version of photoshop). im using photoshop cs4. plz let me konow if there is any possibility to get my data back .even as jpeg file.. i worked so hard on that project. thnx

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Tenis

Tenis

Bleepin' FX

• Malware Study Hall Senior
  • 1,254 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:45 PM

Posted 29 September 2015 - 06:22 AM

Hi 

Welcome to Bleeping Computer Forums.

That is so unfortunate.I can understand your situation its like you worked very hard on sand art on beach and a water wave take it all from you so sudden.

In CS6 there is autosave feature which help in cases like these.

CS4 doesn't have that feature.In this case your file is likely already damaged because it powered off at saving process.

Lets try if we have any luck:

• Go to temp folder:
  • Press Window+R and type %temp%
  • See if there is any psd file exist.

Where did you save your file? Is it in C drive?

#3 oliwialosha

oliwialosha

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:15 AM

Posted 04 October 2015 - 12:25 PM

Hi there, i think it's because of your gpu. You might need to update it or check it by yourself, wipe it or something but i think should be driver problems. Try to open and view the PSD file online here http://www.htmlforums.com/graphic-design-clipart/t-how-do-you-recover-a-ed-up-psd-file--162410.html#post858928

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users