Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

.exe file and nLite

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Pentodes

Pentodes

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:27 AM

Posted 27 September 2015 - 09:15 PM

I'm trying to slipstream a Sata .exe driver into XP folder using nLite, nLite only wants to see .INF files - it will not transfer the .exe file.... so  do I just drop the .exe Sata driver in the 'slipstream' folder?

I had no problems streaming Sp3 into the XP previously.   I was hoping do a new build, XP 32 bit being a must have for my work purposes - no gaming, no videos.

TBH, I was thinking of a A6-5400 APU and a Gigabyte GA-F2A88-D3H mobo - this doesn't have a floppy as so many people seem to recommend to use at the F6 option when installing.

Anyone could throw any light, thanks. Dave.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,676 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:27 PM

Posted 27 September 2015 - 09:30 PM

You cannot drop an exe file for the SATA drive in nlite. You need the inf and the Txtsetup.oem file also. 

The file is here. This is for XP 32bit. It's a self extracting exe file. If you have winrar or 7zip you can extract the contents. Your files are in the AHCI folder.

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4716#dl

SATA RAID/AHCI  

6.1.3.35 0.39 MB 2014/06/10

#3 Pentodes

Pentodes
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 28 September 2015 - 04:27 AM

Ha, arrrrgh, I've already got it.... I've got to unpack it to get the gubbins, which I wasn't doing. I'll give it a try. Sorry about the editing, thanks

Dave

Edited by Pentodes, 28 September 2015 - 05:16 AM.

#4 Pentodes

Pentodes
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 28 September 2015 - 06:40 AM

Sorted, thanks to JohnC_21 for your time and help.  I never thought of unpacking.

Regards, Dave.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users