Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Audio Book play continuously when copied onto C: drive?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cobra5000

cobra5000

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:36 AM

Posted 27 September 2015 - 09:06 PM

Greetings,

Well, i was listening to an audio book on my disk drive but it kept spinning up every 30 seconds and it was hard for me to concentrate on the audio.

so i copied the cd over to my hard drive and the folder shows all the individual pods (dont know what to call each individual audio file, a chapter, file or pod)  of the audio book and i can click on each one and play it, but i would like it to play continuously from beginning to end.. if possible.   i am using windows media player.   is there a way to make it play continuously so i dont have to get up every few minutes and click on the next pod ?    Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hedgeley

hedgeley

• Members
  • 306 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:36 AM

Posted 28 September 2015 - 03:54 AM

Hi colbalt5002.

Navigate to the folder (do not open it) right click on it and select play with windows media player.

This will now play all the files/pods/chapters in that folder

As a side note press the track forward in WMP to skip files/pods/chapters

Hope that helps

Hedge 

#3 cobra5000

cobra5000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:36 AM

Posted 04 October 2015 - 11:09 PM

Thanks,  i tried that and it played file 1,  then finished and went to file 16.  i didnt check, maybe from there it would jump back to file 2.    ??

#4 hedgeley

hedgeley

• Members
  • 306 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:36 AM

Posted 05 October 2015 - 03:18 AM

cobolt5002,

have a look in the folder and see what order they are in there 

you may have to manually re number them(001,002,etc)

some players will order them differently ie  1,11,12,2,21,22,  because it reads the first number so if you rename them start with 001 up to 009 then 010 etc

Hope that makes sense

Hedge

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users