Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Brand new computer, constant BSOD, Win 10 Pro

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Zainin

Zainin

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:22 AM

Posted 27 September 2015 - 05:41 PM

Mod Edit: Moved to Windows Crashes, BSOD, and Hangs Help and Support from Win 10 ~~ boopme

Hello. I'm running a new computer. It's a prefab and out of the box, it was fine for a few weeks. Now I get constant BSOD's.

I have already checked that all drivers are up to date. I've installed no extra hardware. Everything in the box is what was provided by the manufacturer. I've made sure every Windows Update, both major and minor, have been applied. I was using Avast as antivirus, but I was told by a Microsoft rep that Avast can cause bluescreens. I removed it using the Avast uninstall tool and switched to Windows Defender, but the BSOD's still happen.

Most of the BSOD's I was getting were pool errors or memory related, so prior to posting, I ran memtest86+ off a CD. I ran 10 passes of each stick, ran overnight, and there were no errors, so I'm fairly certain it's a driver issue. I'm not quite sure what driver is the culprit, though, if that's the case. I'm not 100% sure it is drivers, either. I'm stumped, which is why I'm posting here.

Here's my specs, generated by Speccy.

I get a LOT of BSOD's, so I just attached the ones from yesterday and today. Here they are on my Skydrive.

The most errors are, from most common to least common:
SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED 0x1000007e
SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 0x0000003b
MEMORY_MANAGEMENT 0x0000001a
BAD_POOL_HEADER 0x00000019

What drivers they blame, from most to least common, are:
ntoskrnl.exe
dxgmms1.sys
NTFS.sys (only once, over a week ago)

I also attached a log generated by Mini Tool Box of my last 10 Event Viewer logs, my programs, and my users, partitions and memory size.

Please let me know if there's anything else I should provide to help. Thank you so much.

Attached Files

• Attached File  MTB.txt   21.92KB   7 downloads

Edited by boopme, 27 September 2015 - 06:33 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:22 PM

Posted 28 September 2015 - 02:29 AM

This is your HP Compaq 8200 Elite SFF support page. Is Windows 10 already installed when you acquired the desktop? Can you zip/attach the latest dump files next time?

Tekken

#3 Zainin

Zainin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:22 AM

Posted 28 September 2015 - 03:59 AM

Yes, it was installed with Windows 10.

And I am afraid I couldn't attach the dumps as it said I was not allowed to upload files of that type. I don't know why I didn't think of zipping them, though. I zipped and attached them. It's the same few I linked in the first post on my skydrive.

I've already been to the page you linked when I was checking to make sure my drivers are up to date. The drivers I have now are the same as the newest Win 7 Professional 64-bit set-- this is what it came installed with.

Attached Files

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:22 PM

Posted 28 September 2015 - 09:09 PM

The fist and last dates of minidumps points to a driver (video), AverCentral software and nt kernel (bad hardware such as a memory stick or not compatible). With regard to the video driver, if there are no Windows 10 driver available by HP support site or the current is installed, try the Intel, NVIDIA or AMD depending on your video chip/card installed. Last would be the generic Windows 10 driver if the bsod persist. Remove the AverCentral software temporarily also to check the difference. I presumed that the BIOS is up to date at this point. I would remove one stick of RAM also just to cross reference and confirm the result with your memtest results.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users