Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Questions

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 TinPenny

TinPenny

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:10 PM

Posted 27 September 2015 - 02:51 AM

I have the same problem.

I don't know what happened but all the files under C drive in Windows Explorer are pdb files. I can not see any of the old folders in the explorer tree.

I don't know what to do to fix this and  I am about worn out trying to get windows to work anyway. I have recently reinstalled a new Windows 7 Ultimate. It worked fine, then this. The other drives on the computer work fine. The Windows explorer shows folders just fine for them. Only the C drive (the boot driver that has the extensions and files there are over 4000 of them.)

I worked with was installing Windows 7 SP1 and trying to update Windows. This was the most recent thing I tried to do the computer works fine I just cant see any folders in the Explorer Tree any more, every file is a pdb file.

If anyone could help I would be most grateful

thank you

Mod Edit:  Split from http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/487942/pdb-files-and-symbols-folder-anyone/ - Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 27 September 2015 - 10:45 AM.
Split from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,385 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:10 PM

Posted 27 September 2015 - 10:48 AM

Moved to AII for a look.

Louis

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,530 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:10 PM

Posted 27 September 2015 - 07:22 PM

I recommend you repost this issue.

Please follow this Preparation Guide and post in a new topic.
Let me know if all went well.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users