Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Audio and/or video playback all screwy

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Johnny Olson

Johnny Olson

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 PM

Posted 27 September 2015 - 09:58 AM

So basically the sound and video on my machine has gone kaput and I can't figure out why. All streaming videos and audio from the internet load and begin playing the first second or so, then completely hang. I can click around the time bar at the bottom of videos and it will move to that part of the playback, and then hangs again after beginning to playback for a second.

*.wmv's on my harddrive playback incredibly choppy and low res.

I have an EVGA 131-GT-E767-TR LGA 1366 X58 motherboard with onboard Realtek Audio. Windows 7 64bit.

Other than that, I use FL Studio which uses ASIO4ALL audio drivers to speak directly to the sound card, instead of the OS.

I've updated GeForce video drivers, Realtek highdef audio drivers and uninstalled and re-installed the ASIO4ALL to see if maybe that was causing the issue.

Any help is greatly appreciated! I'm a bit stuck here...

Johnny

*Edit: Just played some FRAPS footage that is *.avi format and the video playback plays through, but the sound cuts out after a second. I'm thinking it's definitely a sound issue.

Edited by Johnny Olson, 27 September 2015 - 10:01 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:11 AM

Posted 28 September 2015 - 12:19 AM

Try here http://www.sysnative.com/forums/windows-7-windows-vista-tutorials/5721-how-diagnose-fix-high-dpc-latency-issues-wpa-windows-vista-7-8-a.html

Is this computer the same with your last thread posted at the Malware Removal Section of BleepingComputer?

Tekken

#3 Johnny Olson

Johnny Olson
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 PM

Posted 29 September 2015 - 12:06 AM

First, thanks for your help and the reply -- You BC folks are pro.

I appreciate the forum link and it lead to an odd deal. Just before checking this thread I opened a youtube video to see if the problem was presisting and sadly it was. I then followed your link and downloaded the DPC Latency checker from www.thesycon.de/ as suggested by niemiro on the Sysnative forums as an optional first step. I ran the program and the text box readout "This machine should be able to handle real-time streaming of audio and/or video data without drop-outs." So I opened a youtube video to watch for the drop and the video played through fine. A check with FL studio, a reboot and recheck and everything is running smooth again... which is somewhat unfortunate only because I can't reproduce the problem.

In any case, it works now and I'll come bug you later when it happens again. In the meantime I'll keep checking the DPC and run through the other steps of niemiro's post to see if I can jar it loose and/or fix it.

Edit: I forgot to answer your question; yes it's the same computer.

Edited by Johnny Olson, 29 September 2015 - 12:12 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users