Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mouse KEEPS RANDOMLY DISCONNECTING AND RECONNECTING

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 shahriar93696

shahriar93696

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:21 PM

Posted 27 September 2015 - 09:22 AM

SOLVED

Recently, my mouse started to act strangely. I was in the middle of a Counter-Strike Global Offensive game and Norton Internet Security made me Alt-Tab. I saw that a file named "HIDUSBF.sys" was removed. This file was a system file I used to overclock my mouse and it is 100% completely safe, just Norton giving false errors as always. Since then, my mouse has been disconnecting and reconnecting randomly and boy is it frustrating! It is easily fixed by plugging into another USB port but then, that too will make the mouse freeze and I only have 2 USB ports. My only fix is to restart my computer or putting it to sleep then waking it up again.

Please I would really appreciate ANY help. This is extremely frustrating and I really need to fix this. I saw many other people have had this issue too.

PC Specs:

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit

Intel Pentium B960 Dual Core 2.2GHz

6GB RAM

Power Supply = Laptop Charger 

Norton then later gave the file the all-clear and I have now overclocked my mouse again using the files as I hoped that it would fix my problem, but it didn't. Here is the video I followed to overclock my mouse: 

Thank you for your help.

Shahriar

Edited by shahriar93696, 27 September 2015 - 10:41 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 shahriar93696

shahriar93696
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 27 September 2015 - 10:41 AM

UPDATE:

I found an old mouse which I rarely used. I plugged it in and I have used it for over an hour and it hasn't frozen once! I can safely assume that it was my other mouse that had the problem. I will be upgrading to a Steelseries Rival soon! Thanks!

#3 robby501

robby501

• Members
  • 179 posts
  •  

Posted 28 September 2015 - 10:29 AM

I just recently unscrewed and opened up my wireless mouse and it was filthy as hell inside. I did this after the left-click button began sporadically not working. After a good blow out and a gentle clean with an old toothbrush it seems to be working much better, although not yet 100% perfect.

Nice to hear you solved your issue.

Not sure that BC staff are gonna take too kindly to you posting vids directing others to web downloads, though.

Edited by robby501, 28 September 2015 - 10:43 AM.

Im a rookie and purely recreational pc user. Im utterly obsessed with security (even though I consider myself a safe and law-abiding internet user!) and run a combo of the following freeware security suites.....

Windows Defender/firewall

Regular scans with Malwarebytes, AdwCleaner, JRT, HitmanPro

#4 shahriar93696

shahriar93696
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 28 September 2015 - 10:58 AM

I just recently unscrewed and opened up my wireless mouse and it was filthy as hell inside. I did this after the left-click button began sporadically not working. After a good blow out and a gentle clean with an old toothbrush it seems to be working much better, although not yet 100% perfect.

Nice to hear you solved your issue.

Not sure that BC staff are gonna take too kindly to you posting vids directing others to web downloads, though.

I just posted it because I thought that if anyone could help me with fixing the problem, they would want the files that were mentioned. It was easier for me to link the video.

#5 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:10:21 AM

Posted 28 September 2015 - 01:13 PM

There is nothing wrong with the video you posted since you used it in an effort to resolve your issue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users