Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pop up for non genuine copy of Windows 7 Ultimate

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 petester56

petester56

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:17 AM

Posted 27 September 2015 - 07:03 AM

I recently downloaded Windows 10 free download....realized I didn't care for it. I reverted back to Windows 7, and I keep getting a pop up saying my version ofs to correct this and nithing works Windows 7 is "non genuine. I have tried many things to correct this problem, and nothing works. It says Windows build 7601 This copy is not genuine.When this computer was created for me.i never had any kind of problem like this before. Hoe can I correct this problem without losing any of my apps, data, and programs. I'm really at  my wits end on this...Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks       Pete

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 AM

Posted 27 September 2015 - 11:26 AM

Let's try to avoid the Final Solution, a ReInstall of Windows 7 and all the apps, agreed!
What happens if you use IE with this address: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/help/genuine/what-is-validation
-- nothing else running in the foreground, and no other web sites being accessed during this attempt,
and with your privacy, anti-virus, anti-malware, programs temporarily diabled?  I too have build 7601  :)

Edited by RolandJS, 28 September 2015 - 10:08 AM.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

#3 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,266 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:17 AM

Posted 27 September 2015 - 01:58 PM

You said the computer was created for you -- did the person who built it give you the product key they used to activate Windows? Do you know where they got the product key from?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users