Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

The Human Spirit...The Strongest Force

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,081 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:11 AM

Posted 26 September 2015 - 11:02 PM

http://brightside.me/article/30-photos-which-reveal-the-strength-of-the-human-spirit-20955/

“Faith belongs to the human spirit. Faith is faith. Humanity is divided by religion, religion is the divider of humanity. If every human could be removed of their blindfolds and see that faith is in itself faith and that this is something which belongs to each and every human being, then at that time the dividers of religion will suddenly mean nothing and we will all see that we are united by faith in and of itself. There is only one faith and it is called faith. And no man needs to prove to another man that what he believes in exists, because even if it does not exist, his faith is his belief that it is there, that something is there, and that in itself is faith. So I do not need to prove to any man that what I believe in exists or not, there is no such contest between man, my faith breathes in the body of my belief; the fact that I believe is the breath of my faith.”
C. JoyBell C.

Edited by hamluis, 01 October 2015 - 06:49 PM.
Moved from Gen Chat to Speak Easy - Hamluis.

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:11 AM

Posted 01 October 2015 - 04:23 PM

I'm an atheist, what does that make me?

#3 sikntired

sikntired

• Members
  • 1,067 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 PM

Posted 01 October 2015 - 05:57 PM

Faithless??

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,275 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 PM

Posted 01 October 2015 - 06:48 PM

Well...I don't think so...whatever "faithless" might be.

I hate it when people throw words around...as if they were bricks or trophies of some type.  Anyone who has an inkling of how language works...understands that it's highly improbably that concepts and symbols...are interpreted in the same manner...by any two persons, let alone a group.

For those who think that "faith" is something that can be comprehended and rhetoricized about...I only ask that you remind yourself of who you were...and who you are...when you are expounding about "faith" or the lack thereof.  Most importantly...remember that your concept of anything...is highly unlikely to be the basis of anything other than confusion and misunderstanding...over "symbols" and "concepts"...that have no inherent meaning that can commonly be agreed upon...by the human race.

Louis

#5 softeyes

softeyes

• Members
  • 1,604 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 PM

Posted 02 October 2015 - 07:38 PM

Dear Alexstraza: I have thought quite a bit about your response. 

And you share: I'm an atheist, what does that make me?

This is how I feel: Just who you are.

I see Alexstrasza as a dedicated Bleeping Computer Malware Study Hall Senior.

A commitment that is extremely demanding and requires personal dedication. Once graduated, you’ll join the elite group, who offer endless volunteer hours making a difference in other’s lives; much the same as the pictures shared by Condobloke!

I encourage you to embrace who you are. Keep going without worry of judgment.

All the best to you!

Regards,

softeyes

#6 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6,081 posts
  •  

Posted 02 October 2015 - 07:47 PM

Whenever we work toward a worthy goal, we exercise faith. We show our hope for something that we cannot yet see.

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#7 pcpunk

pcpunk

• Members
  • 6,096 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:11 PM

Posted 05 October 2015 - 12:07 PM

What do you guys think of James Redfield and his approach to all this?  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Redfield

http://www.celestinevision.com/james-redfield-formal-biography/

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

KDE, Ruler of all Distro's

eps2.4_m4ster-s1ave.aes_pcpunk_leavemehere

#8 georgehenry

georgehenry

• Members
  • 438 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:11 AM

Posted 05 October 2015 - 04:42 PM

Alexstrasza

My answer to your question would be, educated. (that might start something)

Edited by georgehenry, 05 October 2015 - 04:42 PM.

#9 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6,081 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2015 - 05:42 PM

@georgehenry.....Starting something, can be cool.  Allows long rested brain cells to flex.......draws some of the 'fence sitters' off their behinds......challenges them.....

GcnI1aH.jpg

#10 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6,081 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2015 - 09:52 PM

@ pcpunk......I would love to have the time to read those.

GcnI1aH.jpg

#11 pcpunk

pcpunk

• Members
  • 6,096 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2015 - 10:29 PM

One of my favorite books is the Clestine Prophecy, it's fun and Spiritual.  I had some real unique experiences when reading it, along the line of the book.  And started connecting with people that had also read it, quite incredible.  It teaches what I think Spirituality is all about, very cool - I highly suggest reading it.  It might even be at your Public Library.

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

KDE, Ruler of all Distro's

eps2.4_m4ster-s1ave.aes_pcpunk_leavemehere

#12 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,807 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:11 PM

Posted 27 December 2015 - 04:21 PM

I am an Atheist as well, I have been one for almost 50 years. That makes me a person of much faith.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#13 ScathEnfys

ScathEnfys

Bleeping Butterfly

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2016 - 10:43 AM

@Rocky Bennett
Not sure if you are being sarcastic or not but I agree with that statement taken at face value. Faith does not have to be religious per se. If you believe that the universe behaves according to certain natural laws and that is it, then that is your faith. Even if you believe that the universe is chaos, completely unpredictable, you still believe that nothing predictable can happen (whether that is a logical fallacy I don't want to delve into.) but that is what you believe.

I'm strongly religious, but that doesn't mean I feel like everyone should be.
Proud system builder, modder, and watercooler.

GitHub | SoundCloud | Keybase

#14 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,807 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:11 PM

Posted 05 January 2016 - 12:46 PM

No, I am not being sarcastic at all. Everybody should live a life that follows their beliefs with the utmost faith their beliefs are absolutely correct. I have absolute faith in my beliefs. I live my life in such a way that expresses my beliefs, and I would hope that every human being has enough dignity and faith to do the same, no matter what their beliefs are.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#15 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 8,999 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2016 - 01:07 PM

Rocky Bennett wrote: "Everybody should live a life that follows their beliefs with the utmost faith their beliefs are absolutely correct. I have absolute faith in my beliefs."

Actually, I have to respectfully disagree with this, at least at face value and precisely as written.

There should always be at least some "room for doubt" when it comes to beliefs that are not based in verifiable fact, and sometimes even then because verifiable isn't always 100%, but verified to the best of our ability at a given point in time. One must always be ready to modify one's beliefs and actions as new information becomes available.

That doesn't mean being wishy-washy nor in a constant state of doubt and questioning, either. But absolute belief that one's beliefs are absolutely correct is a textbook definition of zealotry and doesn't allow for change in light of new information, because you don't let new information in when you're absolutely certain you are right.

Edited by britechguy, 05 January 2016 - 01:08 PM.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

. . . the presumption of innocence, while essential in the legal realm, does not mean the elimination of common sense outside it.  The willing suspension of disbelief has its limits, or should.

~ Ruth Marcus,  November 10, 2017, in Washington Post article, Bannon is right: It’s no coincidence The Post broke the Moore story

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users