Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Feel like a walk ?....Aussie style

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 PM

Posted 26 September 2015 - 06:53 PM

http://thenewdaily.com.au/life/2015/09/26/larapinta-trail/?utm_source=SilverpopMailing&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=27092015%20Sunday%20Best%20%281%29&utm_content=&spMailingID=23606668&spUserID=MTAyODk0MjgxNTA2S0&spJobID=642796297&spReportId=NjQyNzk2Mjk3S0

Pics...

http://thenewdaily.com.au/life/2015/09/26/larapinta-trail-photos/

Edited by Condobloke, 26 September 2015 - 06:55 PM.

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 softeyes

softeyes

• Members
  • 1,620 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:11 AM

Posted 26 September 2015 - 07:39 PM

Talk about a chill experience!  Too bad they had such instant reception upon arrival, to receive cell phone reception!

Imagine the same experience, then on purpose their cell phone provider did not let them back on the grid for another week!

This adventure seems really awesome!
As long as there are no winding, sideways and freak me out snakes you al' talk about in OZ!

The pictures are fabulous!!

#3 pcpunk

pcpunk

• Members
  • 6,259 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:11 AM

Posted 26 September 2015 - 08:44 PM

Looks like the South West U.S.

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

KDE, Ruler of all Distro's

eps2.4_m4ster-s1ave.aes_pcpunk_leavemehere

#4 violetrose

violetrose

• Members
  • 180 posts
  •  

Posted 26 September 2015 - 09:49 PM

@ softeyes - please just ignore the 'bulldust' about snakes in OZ. It is only on very rare occasions that people get bitten by snakes; and then only because they were trying to kill the snake; so ofcourse the poor creature defended itself! Unlikely you will see a snake out on a walking trail because they get out of your way and quickly slither out of sight. So come to awesome Australia! Nothing to worry about (except, perhaps, occasional drop-bears) and after a long hot day out on the trail you will always find a pub to get a good cold beer!   :)

#5 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 13,728 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:11 PM

Posted 26 September 2015 - 10:03 PM

I agree snakes are not a problem, because the spiders eat most of them.

red-back-spider-4.jpg

#6 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6,111 posts
  •  

Posted 26 September 2015 - 10:18 PM

....and then if they wander near a creek or a billabong....a croc takes both of them...

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#7 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 13,728 posts
  •  

Posted 26 September 2015 - 11:12 PM

This is how our American friends deal with spiders.

Man tries to kill spider with lighter at petrol station

https://au.news.yahoo.com/world/a/29647837/man-tries-to-kill-spider-with-lighter-at-petrol-station/

Edited by NickAu, 26 September 2015 - 11:13 PM.

#8 Beel

Beel

• Members
  • 416 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:11 PM

Posted 27 September 2015 - 11:22 AM

Condo the Larapinta area was where I was born. Brings back many fond memories of years gone by....Thanks for that mate.

#9 pcpunk

pcpunk

• Members
  • 6,259 posts
  •  

Posted 27 September 2015 - 03:36 PM

That's not fair Nick, that guy moved here from Australia lol.  And, he wasn't trying to kill a spider, he was checking the Octane levels at his new fuel station.

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

#10 pcpunk

pcpunk

• Members
  • 6,259 posts
  •  

Posted 27 September 2015 - 03:45 PM

Think OZ is bad, try living in Florida anywhere near nature.  This place is/was full of so many creepy crawly snakes, bugs etc. that it was uninhabitable until humans came and drained off all the water into canals.  Growing up here in the Seventies and Eighties was quite exciting and not only for the creepy crawly's in nature, the ones on the streets were just as bad lol.  Seriously though, the swamp is a terrible place to encounter these things as they are super hard to see, and, like the Rain forest they are everywhere.  Water Moccasins are very aggressive and will chase a person - unlike many other snakes, don't ask how I know, not by reading about it lol.

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

#11 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 13,728 posts
  •  

Posted 27 September 2015 - 03:49 PM

This place is/was full of so many creepy crawly snakes, bugs etc. that it was uninhabitable

It was quite habitable for the wild life then man came along and ruined it.

#12 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6,111 posts
  •  

Posted 27 September 2015 - 05:42 PM

@ Beel, my pleasure mate. I am constantly on the lookout for anything to help the Aussies on BC feel at home.....and to at least try and educate the rest of the world about the best country on earth.

GcnI1aH.jpg

#13 pcpunk

pcpunk

• Members
  • 6,259 posts
  •  

Posted 27 September 2015 - 07:05 PM

This place is/was full of so many creepy crawly snakes, bugs etc. that it was uninhabitable

:thumbup2:

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

#14 violetrose

violetrose

• Members
  • 180 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2015 - 08:21 PM

Take a 'Spider Walk' in Karijini National Park   :spider

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=Karijini+National+Park+Spider+Walk&view=detailv2&id=3C6CF6D28ACDB8A79F49B25B22839E034B230122&ccid=rwtsjzgw&simid=608017681644325458&thid=OIP.Maf0b6c8f383036034a7b4f2aea628562o0&mode=overlay&first=1&selectedindex=22

#15 Guest_JWebb_*

Guest_JWebb_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 29 September 2015 - 08:45 PM

:thumbup2:

We also have a few non-native species.

http://myfwc.com/wildlifehabitats/nonnatives/

Pythons, lionfish, foxes, iguanas ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users