Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Logitech Itouch (keyboard Utility)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Gothmog

Gothmog

• Members
  • 172 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:33 AM

Posted 18 July 2006 - 04:23 AM

I have a Logitech Office Internet Keyboard Y-SQ33. It is about 3 years old and I've never had the utility program to customize the extra keys built into it. Somehow I can use a couple keys ; the web button launches the default browser (Firefox) ; Calc launches the calculator from windows ; the volume works for +, -, and mute. there are 14 other keys(8 are one the F-keys using an F-key lock button) that do absolutely nothing

I decided to get the iTouch utility off of Logitech's site. They didn't have my model listed b/c it is so old, but all of the keyboard links went to the vers 2.2 of iTouch. After an install and a restart my keyboard was left with no extra funtionality(even the little I had before was gone) at all and when I went into their config program there were no tabs besides options like the help file pictured.

I gave up on it and used a system restore point to get rid of the reconfiguration the utility had done since the Add/Remove control panel didn't have "Logitech iTouch Software" like the readme said it would. This got me back to where I started, but I was wondering if anyone else used this or something like this with their "internet" keyboards. Or if anyone knows why the utility was broken when I installed it.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,220 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2006 - 06:40 PM

NOTE: If you use a cordless desktop keyboard that uses MouseWare software and you are upgrading iTouch, it is recommended you also upgrade to the latest version of MouseWareŽ.

Is it wired or not
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Gothmog

Gothmog
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 172 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2006 - 09:46 PM

yeah it is wired, ps/2 connector. I think that my keyboard might be just too old for the software and iTouch doesn't recognize it.

Edited by Gothmog, 20 July 2006 - 09:46 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users