Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HELP!!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 les1956

les1956

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:39 AM

Posted 26 September 2015 - 07:54 AM

Hello to you all.

Since upgrading from Win 8 to Win 10 then going back to Win 8 (i didn't like Win 10) i've found i have a problem somewhere. Firstly i can't player older games anymore. Just tells me i need to login with admin privileges. I am the admin. I've tried to refresh my pc without affecting my files. It says there was a problem with refreshing your pc. I've tried to remove everything and reinstall windows. It says there was a problem resetting your pc. At a total loss!! Any help would be appreciated.

Les

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,525 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:39 AM

Posted 26 September 2015 - 08:35 AM

Do you have either an OEM or a Microsoft Windows DVD [install or upgrade, not sure which will work best for your situation]?  Or, do you still have a factory restore partition? Do you have any external backup images of your OS partition for your original factory-installed OS?

I just now remembered you refreshed your computer -- which of the above did you use to refresh?

Edited by RolandJS, 26 September 2015 - 08:38 AM.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,607 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:39 PM

Posted 28 September 2015 - 09:31 AM

@RolandJS

You don't use any of the tools you asked about to do a Refresh.  Here is how it is done.

1.  Tap or click on Settings, tap or click on Change PC settings.

2.  Tap or click on Update and recovery, then tap or click on Recovery.

3.  Under Refresh your PC without affecting your files, tap or click on Get started.

4.  Follow the instruction which will appear on the screen.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,607 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:39 PM

Posted 28 September 2015 - 09:34 AM

Hi Les,

What is the make and model of this computer?

If you did a Refresh using the instructions I posted above it would have removed all third party programs.  This would include your games as well.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,525 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:39 AM

Posted 28 September 2015 - 09:50 AM

Thanks dc3!  I momentarily forgot there is a difference between factory restore and OS-refresh!

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users