Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer is connected but won't load anything

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 brownjesus

brownjesus

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:44 PM

Posted 25 September 2015 - 10:20 PM

Hey guys, well I have just started experiencing this issue with my computer for the last two days now. Basically, my computer indicates that it is connected to my private home wifi with full connectivity and no obvious errors. However, whenever I try to open up a browser page or an application such as Skype or Steam, they just hang up and never load. Even my antivirus is unable to update. I am virtually locked out of the internet and I don't seem to know what the solution is. If you guys have any ideas I would love to listen to I can get this issue solved as soon as possible. Another thing to note is that all my other devices are connected to the internet and function just fine and are able to load web pages and applications. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 LucianCJ

LucianCJ

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:44 AM

Posted 26 September 2015 - 02:46 PM

Hi.

Does ping work to websites/external IP addresses? Do you have static IP configuration or DHCP?

Is there a posibility for that particular PC to be blocked on the WI-FI device by someone?

#3 jcgriff2

jcgriff2

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 1,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:44 PM

Posted 26 September 2015 - 09:13 PM

Paste ipconfig /all >0 & start notepad 0 into a CMD screen.

Paste the results into your next post.

Edited by jcgriff2, 26 September 2015 - 09:14 PM.

Microsoft MVP 2009-2015
Microsoft Windows Insider MVP 2018 - Present

#4 FostersJack

FostersJack

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:44 AM

Posted 01 October 2015 - 03:35 AM

Can you start any apps which doesn't need an internet connection? Are other computer components  working?

#5 CodeSmasha

CodeSmasha

• Banned
  • 524 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:44 PM

Posted 02 October 2015 - 05:35 AM

I suspect that it's a Malware issue that is causing this. So the best option is to post this in the Am I Infected forums which can be found here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/

Have a nice day! :)

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,608 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:44 PM

Posted 03 October 2015 - 12:20 PM

Brownjesus, please do what jcgriff2 has suggested.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users