Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Newly built pc's motherboard is malfunctioning devices.Do I have a bad mobo? x

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_cptavim_*

Guest_cptavim_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 25 September 2015 - 04:01 PM

Okay so first of all here is my build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/d4tKt6

I have recently built this PC and its given me many problems, but I'm focusing on the motherboard part right now. I think my motherboard is killing devices. My keyboard was working perfectly fine with the pc but just suddenly stopped working and the same thing happened with my mouse. Now they don't work with any other computer. They turn on on but don't work.

The same thing happened with a flash drive that was plugged into the back usb ports. It just suddenly stopped working and now it's light doesn't turn on and it doesn't show up as a drive on any computers. I think somethings wrong with the usb ports because sometimes the mouse works in the front ports and sometimes it only works in the back ports or sometimes it only works in usb 3.0 ports and sometimes it doesn't work at all.

I am currently using a ps2 keyboard and an extra mouse I have which sometimes turn off and I have to restart the pc. Also one thing to note is that when I turn on my pc, there is no beep at all even though the motherboard speaker is plugged in. I think I should just return the motherboard and get a different one if its a bad mobo.

Do you guys have any solutions. I would return my motherboard right away and get a new one, but there is also the problem that my keyboard, mouse and flashdrive don't work at all with any computers. Any help please?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,883 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2015 - 05:39 PM

I'd be thinking..."PSU", if were me.

I've never had multiple devices become dead and unuseable on other systems...but that would be my first thought, rather than the motherboard.

Louis

#3 ranchhand_

ranchhand_

• Members
  • 1,651 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:01 PM

Posted 25 September 2015 - 05:42 PM

I assume that you have installed Windows and have installed the mainboard drivers from the CD that came with the board, right?

if so, Newegg gives you 30 days to return the board, so don't let that expire. Also bear in mind that if you let the time limit go by, then you will have to deal with Asus directly. If they decide to exchange the board, you will get a refurnished board, not a factory return. So you will have paid for a new board and got a "repaired" board.

As hamluis said above, try swapping out the power supply with another to see if your problems stop. Hopefully you have a power supply tester?

Help Requests: If there is no reply after 3 days I remove the thread from my answer list. For further help PM me.

#4 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,800 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:01 PM

Posted 25 September 2015 - 09:15 PM

New builds present the more diverse problems.  First I would double check the polarity of all the board headers and the corresponding connector to the panel mounting.  The speaker not working may mean it's turned off in the BIOS options.  I do find the BEEP reassuring  but most don't have them anymore. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users