Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Load balancing on Draytek Vigor 2830 series

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 david.roberts

david.roberts

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:01 AM

Posted 25 September 2015 - 04:22 AM

We have just had a second broadband line installed in our office which is currently just sitting on our BT Router not doing anything.

I want to connect it to our existing Draytek Vigor 2830 series using ethernet from the BT router into the ethernet Wan available on this router.

What is the correct way to enable load balancing on the router - I want to evenly distribute internet from the two wan connections around the office?

Would appreciate the help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wand3r3r

Wand3r3r

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:01 PM

Posted 25 September 2015 - 09:27 AM

Here is your Draytek manual

http://www.visus.pt/mirrors/draytek/Vigor2830/Manual/UG-Vigor2830-V1.01.pdf

The usual way to load balance is to have both internet connections going into the Draytek

#3 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:01 PM

Posted 25 September 2015 - 09:41 AM

Rather than just re-state what is on the web(I just searched Draytek Vigor 2830 load balancing) and this was like the 3rd link down.

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

#4 david.roberts

david.roberts
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:01 AM

Posted 29 September 2015 - 03:04 AM

Thanks very much guys, we have it working now, I didn't find that link when I googled. :/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users